Trying to get all my drives / firmware up to latest and greatest to root cause a Wireless performance issue. I moved to 50Mb Internet service and wired I get 50Mb.. wireless I get 6Mb.
I have a thread on Linksys site on the topic http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Linksys-TP-Link-Wireless-Router-Performance-Issue/m... M293813 Re: Linksys TP-Link Wireless Router Performance I... - Linksys Community but the next piece of the puzzle is to validate that the drivers and firmware are fully updated such that I can start to analize the performance issue.
Issue: Intel driver Update Utility version 22.214.171.124 detects that my Dell Latitude E7440 running driver 126.96.36.199 the driver downloads but crashes during the "setup" run. Download 188.8.131.52 which is download of "Wireless_17.1.0_s64.exe"
I am not a programmer... but tried to let it run debugger and save some basic output of what it dumped.
1) Can someone direct me to what the issue is with the driver installation?
2) Can I just unpack the file and point to driver files directly? (I unzip it and it is not something that unpacked with any files I could use to let windows point to)
Hi Penguinpages, you can try the latest 17.13 driver for AC-7260, kindly refer to this link for reference:
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034315.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Driver Versions by Operating System
will be moving this thread to wireless forum.
Intel provides a "Driver Only" Package that does not include the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software:
If you have Windows 8.1 32-bit and 8.1 64-bit:
DRIVERS ONLY: wireless_17.14.0_De132.exe and wireless_17.14.0_De164.exe
In the link above you can also obtain the full package containing the application:
Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers): wireless_17.14.0_e132.exe and wireless_17.14.0_e164.exe
If your system is having connectivity issues, it would be better to remove the previous software versions from you PC before installing the new one. Here are some steps you may use to do the clean install:
- Download the software/drivers and save to a know location.
- In Control Panel - Programs and features, Uninstall Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.
- In Control Panel - Device Manager - Network Adapters, right click and uninstall the Intel® Wireless AC 7260, selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
- Install the new driver you downloaded.