Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel AC7260 limited access after sleep

MZ4
Novice

Hello,

I have Intel AC7260 and there is a problem: after every wake from sleep mode i have limited access and no connection to the Internet. I can't ping router and any device in the network... Sometimes helps to reconnect but most often I need to reboot :/ Can someone help me please?

431 Replies
JMcMa3
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

I think we've all tried every one your suggestions.

I've personally been facing this for months and was simply awaiting driver updates in hope that they'd fix the problem. It was only after numerous releases all showing the same problem that I decided it was time to come and say something here...

There has been a lot of good data passed around this thread. I'm simply amazed that given how long this has been a problem, how many people are experiencing it, and how willing all of us are to help isolate the problem, that your engineers haven't been able to get to the bottom of it.

--Josh

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Fett wrote:

The idea that we're going to pawn this issue onto Microsoft is absurd. If the issue was outside of Intel's control, it would be occurring with other wifi cards (spoilers: it isn't). Intel needs to fix their drivers on both windows 7 and windows 8, plain and simple.

Here's an example of a bug outside of Intel's control: Windows 7 displays my AC network as 802.11n, when it clearly isn't.

Don't blame Intel for your statement that has no evidence. It's 100% Microsoft's issue that they did not update their http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsh netsh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to include the 802.11ac protocol. I have an ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter and Windows 7 shows that it's an 802.11n radio type even if it's obviously 802.11ac! Install your 7260 on Windows 8.1 and you should see 802.11ac as the radio type!

FYI, I don't have the limited access issue with this WiFi card on my laptop. Heck it's instant connected after sleep which what it's supposed to be.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you all for the feedback. I will pass this information to development for our investigation.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
CDurs
Novice

That sounds about right since Windows always states "Attempting to authenticate..." after hibernation forever.

0 Kudos
jfett1
Novice

Re-read my post: "here's an example of an issue OUTSIDE OF INTEL'S CONTROL."

0 Kudos
CVanD11
Beginner

The new driver doesn't fix the reconnect after hibernate problem. Perhaps the problem is different than the reconnect after sleep problem.

I never let my laptop sleep. But the only way I ever turn it "off" is to put it in hibernation. The new driver still fails to reconnect after resuming from hibernation.

0 Kudos
bblaa
Beginner

My experience is a little bit different than others.

Ever since 17.x driver is installed, it would connect but could not communicate with router/AP at all regardless if computer was awake from sleep or not. However, as soon as I change wireless mode from AC (VHT) to N (HT) mode, it worked right away. I had to downgrade the drivers to 16.x so it could communicate in VHT mode again.

0 Kudos
Cde_G
Novice

I've tried all of those steps. Card connects for 30 sec. ~ 1 minute then dies. Throughput rates are comparable (while connected) to an old BG card. Who's writing your drivers and doing the hardware? Clearly there's no validation whatsoever. Total train wreck!!!

0 Kudos
Cde_G
Novice

Hello Kevin,

It's just about November and still no working drivers (been a year and a half since the card was released??) At this point it appears your dev. team couldn't get a hello world app. working much less AC card drivers. Seriously it's time to get a different team involved or start refunding people for that abysmal card.

0 Kudos
ALiu33
Beginner

Just wanted to add that I have a MSI GS60 with the same issue.

0 Kudos
EWein
Beginner

As well to add having this issue with Dell M3800 OEM AC7260 where there is limited connectivity after resuming from sleep. Doesn't happen every time but only a reboot fixes it when it does happen. Currently on 17.0.5.8.

Side note, externally disappointed in Intel. This is not the first card I have had issues with in the last few years. I remember a time when ordering equipment you had the bad option and Intel. Now that Intel is the only game in town for combo WiFi/BT cards they all seem to work "sometimes". Its worrisome for me as I wan't Windows PC's to continue, but when normal non-IT folks get these cards and WiFi stops working they just blame Windows. Its 2014 and End Users expect Windows PC's should at least be as stable as a cheaper tablet from a fruit company.

Hoping there is a fix real soon as rebooting my PC many times when need it the most is really crushing my soul.

0 Kudos
AMalk
Beginner

I'm having the same problem, it happens whether I'm connected through wireless or wired connection.

Running with Win7 64-bit, Lenovo T440s

- Dual Band Wireless-AC7260, Driver Version 17.0.5.8

- Ethernet Connection I218-LM, Driver Version 12.11.96.1

As a workaround I disable/enable the network adapters.

If there's any additional information/logs to provide I would be glad to assist.

Please keep us updated on driver releases.

0 Kudos
PVent1
Beginner

I have the same problem and have been having problems with the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 from various problems from day 1. This goes back more than a year ago.

The latest issue is my WiFi does not reconnect after a sleep event. It "sees" the Wifi networks in range but says connection is limited. It does not get a valid IP and I have to reboot to resolve.

I am using an Acer S7 on Windows 8.1 x64 bit.

Latest BIOS from Acer.

Windows Updates up to date.

Latest Intel driver I'm aware of: 17.0.5.8

Tried fiddling with adapter settings but frankly nothing helps. Extremely frustrating.

I'm happy to do advanced troubleshooting for you Intel. I'm a programmer and don't mind looking under the hood. I'm volunteering my time here. Give me beta drivers, tools whatever it takes. What can I do to narrow down the problem for you?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the feedback; we are currently working to provide a solution as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ADobe
Beginner

Same problem here - after each sleep I have to use "windows solve problems" to reset the adapter

AC 7260

SONY VAIO SVZ1311 - upgraded to AC 7260

Win 7 PRO

all Windows updates

INTEL PRO SET driver 17.0.3

Note: The originally built in card Intel 6235 DID NOT show this problems, but I do not remember which drivers were used

0 Kudos
PVent1
Beginner

This morning I had the same issue and tried the following - it worked!

• Right click wifi icon
  • Open Networking and Sharing Centre
  • Change adapter settings
  • Right click Wi-Fi->Properties
  • Configure button
  • Advanced tab
  • Wake on Magic Packet - change to DISABLED

After I applied this - it reconnected without having to reboot.

I forced a sleep on my laptop, brought it back up, and it was still connected quickly.

Too soon to say if this workaround will always work but it saved me a reboot today which is worth posing!

Cheers.

UPDATE:

The magic packet has nothing to do with the solution. It seems that simply changing an adapter property and applying it recycles the WiFi adapter and gets it connecting again.

0 Kudos
LYang24
Novice

The "Wake on Magic Packet" setting of my Wifi card is disabled but the issue remains.

0 Kudos
SWard3
Beginner

Same here.

I continue to have decent success getting the 7260 to reconnect by manually selecting my profile and then clicking on "connect"

0 Kudos
PVent1
Beginner

Update on my own post: So it turns out this setting does not fix the issue.

However, it seems if I change the adapter property (and I'm guessing any property would work) on my adapter - it resets the adapter it and the Wi-Fi connects again.

This is at least a way to work around having to reboot. Enabling airplane mode ON / OFF does not work and turning adapter OFF / ON does not work either.

0 Kudos
SBo1
Novice

Try to disable UAPSD option in additional driver settings , this solved all my connection problems , no drops , no sleep , stable speed. Looks like this power saving function dont work well and lead us to problems we see i hundreds of 7260 threads.

0 Kudos
MNich3
Novice

My adapter wouldn't authenticate with my AP as usual on resume from sleep. Instead of disabling and enabling the WiFi adapter to resolve the issue (the usual method,) I disabled UAPSD, and the adapter and AP authenticated like it would have by refreshing the adapter. This might be the solution. I will leave it disabled and try some sleeps and resumes!

For anyone following, you can disable UAPSD through Windows Control Panel > Device Manager > Right Click AC7260 adapter > Properties > Advanced Tab > UAPSD support > Value: Disabled > Ok.

http://screencast.com/t/tnOsrgYw 08.12.2014-07.59 - MathewCNichols's library

0 Kudos