Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel AC7260 limited access after sleep

MZ4
Novice

Hello,

I have Intel AC7260 and there is a problem: after every wake from sleep mode i have limited access and no connection to the Internet. I can't ping router and any device in the network... Sometimes helps to reconnect but most often I need to reboot :/ Can someone help me please?

431 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

CRCinAU, you may download the driver-only file if available; Intel® PROSet Wireless Software is not strictly necessary.

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice

joe_intel - I can't see any downloads for 17.12 - I only see 17.1.0 on the intel site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3714&ProdId=3714 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3714&ProdId=3714

Any idea when this will be released via Intel? As I bought the card by itself, I don't have an OEM to go to....

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

At this moment this version is only available through the respective OEMs, but we will let you know if this changes in the future.

0 Kudos
GGros1
Beginner

Dear Joe_Intel, do you have any suggestions regarding the problems I am having as described in message # 228 regarding slow degradation to the point where I have to reload the drivers and the computer is being back to lightning fast. I did this about 4 days ago and am getting to the point where I will have to reload the drivers again in order to bring down the significant latency in web page response upon opening. What ends up happening is I have to reload the page 2 or 3 times before load properly or just doesn't come up with the message that page cannot load. Upon reinstalling drivers, this problem immediately disappears.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice

joe_intel - I don't see how it is helpful to release this newer driver to only OEMs... Especially as you can't just extract the driver from the OEM 100Mb bundle....

0 Kudos
MWill34
Beginner

How sad is this. We are 17 pages deep into this discussion and NO real answer.

We sent all 170 of our computers back and replaced them with another product. We are back to working.

If 100% of what we do is wireless and requires things like the internet one would hope companies would take these issues more seriously.

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice

Seeing as Intel won't release the latest update that they've given to OEMs, I've extracted the driver from an OEM bundle and put it up here:

https://www.crc.id.au/files/Intel%20AC-7260%20v17.12.0.4.exe https://www.crc.id.au/files/Intel%20AC-7260%20v17.12.0.4.exe

It's v17.12.0.4 extracted from the Lenovo archive recently published. It installs and works for me, but I haven't done much testing with it as yet....

EDIT: Oh, I should mention - this is Windows 7 x64 only driver at this point...

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

CRC, what did you use to do that? I tried all the modes in 7-Zip without success.

0 Kudos
GGros1
Beginner

Intel_Joe, in follow up to my message # 239 (which also references an earlier message), today my system had degraded so much that I had to reinstall drivers (remove from device manager and reinstall) and machine instantly jumped back to life. Surely this is directly related to the driver if this is what I have to do to clear the apparent corruption. Am running 17.1.0.19 drivers. What advice can Intel give? Please address the concern.

Greg

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice

GattoNero - Not sure what you mean? I created a 7zip self-extracting archive - as I figure not everyone would have 7zip installed. It will extract a folder full of drivers to wherever you point it to....

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

CRCinAU wrote:

GattoNero - Not sure what you mean? I created a 7zip self-extracting archive - as I figure not everyone would have 7zip installed. It will extract a folder full of drivers to wherever you point it to....

What I meant was, how did you open the Lenovo installer? When I tried opening it in 7-Zip, i get a series of empty folders, not the actual driver contents. By contrast, the Intel self-extractors open up just fine with 7-Zip.

Martinii, I don't really want to run that executable, even bailing out at the last minute. I prefer extracting volumes to a neutral location and then pointing Windows to that when updating.

The Lenovo installers don't create restore points. Even if I made one myself prior to updating, I'm not confident that I would be able to roll back if I didn't like the result. I've seen this before, namely, that the "Roll Back Driver" button gets grayed out after a Lenovo installer runs. Do.Not.Want.

Sometimes, I just image the drive before I mess with drivers, and then restore if it goes south. Depends on how motivated I am to try it.

0 Kudos
MZ4
Novice

This executable file is a drivers package in fact. Installation is uncompression proces. I 'installed' it on drive D but you can install it oo pendrive as well. After driver update what i mentioned in my last post you can delete folder with drivers that you installed.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

channabomb, I am not aware of your issue. There are several possible causes, such as: antivirus or firewall, browser, wireless interference…

However, this is not the topic being discussed in this thread; so, I suggest you trying the latest driver version 17.12 from the system manufacturer's website.

If the issue persists I suggest you opening a new thread for your issue.

0 Kudos
CSayr
Novice

My OEM (ASUS) does not offer the driver...so what am I supposed to do? Why not offer it directly? This makes no sense. I just got a new laptop that is perfect other than this garbage Wi-Fi issue and I am baffled, and disgusted, that this issue began in March and still is not fixed.

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice

Read a page or two back in this thread - I've posted a download link to a driver extracted from the OEM package.

For what its worth, I haven't had a single sleep issue since I started using this driver...

0 Kudos
CSayr
Novice

Thanks I'll give it a shot, I seem to even be having random cutouts when not sleeping. Did you change anything else? People are also recommending disabling A-UPSD and other things. Did you just install the new driver or did you do anything else?

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice

Don't change any settings.

Uninstall previous drivers and install the OEM extracted driver. I haven't done anything else - nor have I needed to.

0 Kudos
CSayr
Novice

Perfect, will give it a shot. I'm new to laptops, this is my first one, but I'm very experienced with desktops but always used wired. How long should my laptop take to connect to Wi-Fi after leaving sleep? I have a very fast laptop with an SSD and it's ready to go instantly, not sure what I should expect from Wi-Fi post-fix.

0 Kudos
SMoss
Novice

ShadowXOR - it should only take one or two seconds for the Wifi to reconnect after sleep. In my experience, there is no one setup that fixes the 7260-AC. It can work reliably and fast for a couple of weeks, and just when you think you have it resolved, it craps out with limited access after sleep or max speeds of 4Mbps for no apparent reason. This applies to the v16 and v17 drivers, U-APSD disabled/enabled. My sense is that it is super-sensitive to the Access Point it is connected to. I am in no way excusing Intel by blaming it on the AP since 9 times out of 10, we have no choice in the AP we are connected to, but I have more trouble on the road than at home or office where I have recently upgraded to AC routers (one ASUS and one Netgear) and seen much improved reliability and speed. Still looking to replace the 7260AC in my Dell M3800 with some other brand.

0 Kudos
GGros1
Beginner

ShadowXOR. What type of ASUS do you own? I bought a UX301 LA, Windows 8.1, SSD, same WiFi card as you. Love the machine but have been vexed with WiFi like you. Before responding further, what do you mean by random cutouts when not sleeping? Do you loose the connection to the AP or WiFi adapter or it just starts dropping packets (ping test) and slows down immensely? I have solved my waking from sleep issues and randomly dropping the adapter, requiring a disable/enable to bring it back up but I still have another issue and wondering more about what you mean by random drops. Thanks,

0 Kudos
CSayr
Novice

I own the UX303LA with an SSD and Windows 8.1 as well.

I'm not sure if it's losing connecting, or dropping packets. This issue is very new to me since I've only had the laptop for a few weeks and I'm just starting to delve into the issues - trying to figure out if I want to keep it or not.

How did you solve your issue?

0 Kudos