Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel AC7260 limited access after sleep

MZ4
Novice

Hello,

I have Intel AC7260 and there is a problem: after every wake from sleep mode i have limited access and no connection to the Internet. I can't ping router and any device in the network... Sometimes helps to reconnect but most often I need to reboot :/ Can someone help me please?

431 Replies
LYang24
Novice

I am using 17.13.11.5 driver now. I think it fixed the original issue.

uw
Beginner

I am on 17.13.11.5 and I still have the problem that my Laptop can not connect to my home-wifi once I had connected to another wifi.

The only option is to forget the home-wifi and re-connect to it again.

This is not a solution.

I have contacted Intel Support, but I am getting only basic questions like "are you using the latest driver". I told them that I am using 17.13.11.5 --> what else shall I say? Since then, silence. I think it is time to contact ASUS and ask them to send me a different WLAN card than the Intel card, as Intel can't solve the issue.

0 Kudos
LYang24
Novice

ueffchen,

I think your problem is different from the original problem "/message/271874# 271874 limited access after sleep". You probably want to open a new thread.

0 Kudos
SMaca1
Beginner

I am having the same problem with the Intel AC7260 on my Dell XPS 12. I am using the 17.1.0.19 driver and have to disable and enable the adapter after waking from sleep mode.

Has anyone tried using different power options/advance power settings? I tried changing the Wireless adapter settings to maximum performance and it didn't resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
SKip1
Novice
0 Kudos
LYang24
Novice

smacar01,

Try the new driver v17.13.11 might solve the problem.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3714 Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos
SMaca1
Beginner

Thanks Louis!@ The new driver is behaving much better

0 Kudos
LRaym1
Beginner

I tried the 17.13.11 drivers, both driver-only and the full package, and it not only didn't fix the non-waking after sleep issue, it caused other bad behavior. With this driver, my laptop (a Gigabyte P35Wv2 / Win 8.1 Pro) refused to recognize USB devices without a reboot, and would not switch back and forth between WiFi and Ethernet: Ethernet would not be recognized, and reboots would result in a BSOD. Now I'm back to 16.10, bare.

0 Kudos
Cde_G
Novice

Yeah, Just tried the new 17.13.11.5 driver.

While it stays connected longer (a whopping 3 minutes compared to 30 seconds on most other driver releases). Once the card dies simply right clicking and hitting "Troubleshoot", fails to restart the card. You actually have to disable it in device manager and then re-enable to resurrect the card.

I have tried pretty much every fix posted on this board. At this point valid fixes would appear to be to have Intel fire the entire group handling the 7260, retape the board, deliver new *WORKING drivers (and this next bit is crucial... ) VALIDATE THE DEVICE WITH DRIVERS!! - Ship out replacements to everyone they have forced to endure this situation. This is just unbelievable.

0 Kudos
SKip1
Novice

It works fine for me though...?

0 Kudos
Cde_G
Novice

Congratulations you're one of the few. I just keep getting post after post of people who the card is failing for, or might get it working for a short period of time. This just rolled into my inbox less than 60 seconds ago...

Intel AC7260 problems

created by JarkkoLe in Wireless Networking - /message/271832# 271832 View the full discussion

Can someone provide a link to the older driver versions? We are having this problems with ~20 laptops (Lenovo) and the latest drivers are absolute ****. Intermitten drops, slow speeds etc. If the older versoin won't help I'll have to change all the network cards to get rid of the problem.

Reply to this message by /message/271832# 271832 going to Intel Communities

Start a new discussion in Wireless Networking at /choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2229 Intel Communities

0 Kudos
uw
Beginner

I have a Asus LG302 with the AC 7260 chipset, OS W8.1

From the beginning (Dec 2013) I had issues with the Wifi connections, which could partially be solved by updating to new drivers and a new router.

I am now using the Intel drivers 17.13.11.5 dated 08.Dec.2014 and my router is a Fritzbox 7360 with the latest firmware version 6.20

I still have the issue that my laptop does not reconnect to my Wifi once it has been connected to another Wifi elsewhere (I have ticked autoconnect to my Wifi).

And sometimes, unclear conditions and not reproduceable, my laptop looses connection at home when starting from sleep (I have ticked (translated from German): "laptop can disable device to save power" and "device can wake laptop fro sleep"). However, what I can assure is that the laptop is not low on battery, when this happens...

In both cases, I need to force W8.1 to forget the network and restart connection (select Wifi, enter password). No other option works.

Plus, I have the impression that Wifi drops sometimes and comes back immediately (I get some system sounds from W8.1), but I don't know how to eventlog that.

Any idea what to do (I have tried to untick power saving options with earlier versions of the drivers, but no positive result).

If more info is needed. let me know how to get that

-ueffchen

0 Kudos
Cde_G
Novice

ueffchen,

Contrary to what some (Intel employees) here on this board would have you believe, the card doesn't work. Period. There's no magic (aka "WORKING") driver, no setting or configuration that will keep the card from automatically disconnecting when the laptop sleeps (if not every 30 seconds). No router that it will connect to that will allow anywhere NEAR 802.11AC specified data rates on the rare instances when it Does connect.

This is a device that should never have made it outside of Intel's labs, and is really just a failed prototype. Get yourself a working Broadcom or Atheros card if an actual reliable 802.11AC card is what you need.

0 Kudos
SWard3
Beginner

I completely agree with clowngod.

I just replaced the AC7260 with the Broadcom 94352. It works flawlessly. No issues whatsoever and connection speeds are always as fast as possible.

Ironically, this is the card that originally came with my laptop.

0 Kudos
ACamp13
Beginner

So, I am finally joining the few that speak up about this terrible card... When I first got it over a year ago I was able to connect to AC access points maybe, at best, every once and awhile. Now, I cannot connect to them at all... After reinstalling the OS and uninstalling the PROwireless software, I no longer have the issue with not connecting to networks after coming back from sleep.

BUT!!! Now, I have something far worse. The signal speed degraddes over time... Just today, when I started I was connected at 300mbps. Now It's sitting between 86mbps and dropping down all the way to 8 at times...

What now intel? What now?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Pre3dict,

There are many things that can affect the speed. We recommend that you check the following:

• if there is any driver updates from the manufacturer of your computer if this card came installed when you bought it.
  • You can also disable the AC features if they are not in use.
  • Bluetooth* technology-enabled devices and also the Bluetooth* on your computer may affect as well as it use the same antennas.
  • If you are using WEP or WPA-TKIP encryption, please know that this can limit the speed as well.
  • Please, access this link as the information in it may help you resolving the issue: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings Wireless Networking — What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

Let us know all these pieces of information helped you to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
ACamp13
Beginner
  • I am using the drivers supplied by intel because my computer did not come with an AC card built in.
  • I would love to use the AC features but they have ceased to work
  • I am using a bluetooth mouse but it should be fine as bluetooth is designed into this card, thus should be working as designed/advertised and should have no effect on the performance.
  • I am using WPA2 - AES not TKIP
  • There is no link.

Thanks for taking the time to respond but it seems that there is just an issue with this card... As I sit here with an Ethernet wire going into my laptop because my wireless card is totally unreliable.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

hello Pr3dict,

We are sorry for not have added the link. We have just added the link to the previous post. Is your computer a laptop or a desktop?

0 Kudos
ACamp13
Beginner

Thanks, :Laptop... Gigabyte p34g

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Pr3dict,

Thank you for the information. In case of integrations, it is very important that you know that wireless hardware installation is meant to be done only by your system manufacturer and they are the only ones entitled to provide you a list of validated and certified adapters that are fully compatible with your system so, for more information, we recommend that you contact them directly as the card the come originally with the computer comes modified by the computer manufacturer to fit their system. That implies that features may be added or removed. If you have replaced the original wireless adapter that came installed in you computer you may want to take a look at the information in the links below.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm

0 Kudos
KLadh
Beginner

Hi,

There a lot of posts to read on this thread that I don't have time to read!

It looked like everyone is having the same problem as me with the 7260 card so I skipped to the end end of the thread and saw your post aleki_intel.

For all the people still suffering this problem and ending up at this thread after doing what I just did.... Can you confirm whether it has been solved and what the solution is?

You mention contacting the manufacturer; well that's Intel for me. I have 3 Intel NUC D54250's with this wifi card in and they all have the same problem. I'm getting quite bored of resetting the wifi adapter every time the computer wakes up. A definitive solution from Intel would be appreciated.

To summarise:

My systems (x3):

Win7 x64 proffesional

AC7260

My problem:

No WiFi on wake, adapter reset required (disable+enable)

My question:

Is there a definitive reason for this problem?

Is there a real solution yet?

Thanks

Karim

0 Kudos