Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Intel AC7260 limited access after sleep

MZ4
Novice

Hello,

I have Intel AC7260 and there is a problem: after every wake from sleep mode i have limited access and no connection to the Internet. I can't ping router and any device in the network... Sometimes helps to reconnect but most often I need to reboot :/ Can someone help me please?

431 Replies
RLant
Beginner

joe_intel,

I was experiencing the same problem as described. Disabling and re-enabling the adapter worked to allow me to connect to my wireless network, but I found that annoying.

I ended up uninstalling all of the AC 7260 drivers and re-installing version 7.0.3. That seems to have fixed it so far, but I've only tested putting the computer to sleep a few times. I will report back if that changes.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Dell XPS 15 (Model 9530, 2013 model year).

0 Kudos
RLant
Beginner

I can now confirm that driver version 7.0.3 did not fix the problem. A recent resume from sleep caused the wireless to disconnect and stay disconnected. I had to disable/enable the wireless adapter in order to get it to reconnect.

I did not see a code 10 error.

0 Kudos
jfett1
Novice

My Specifications:

Razer Blade 14" (2014 Model)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Chipset: Mobile Intel® PCHM 8 series chipset, HM87

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ

RAM: 8GB DDR3L 1600 Mhz

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 870m + Integrated

Power: 150W Power Adapter

Random wake from sleep events cause the wifi card to be non-functional. Attempting to connect to known networks that are 5 feet away results in limited connectivity. Entering Network Connections (or device manager) and manually disabling and then re-enabling the wifi card resolves the issue. The issue is also resolved by rebooting the machine (obviously this also reboots the wifi card).

What makes this issue so curious is that not every sleep/wake event causes the card to lose connectivity. There doesn't seem to be any superficial indicator of what is causing it. I've put the machine to sleep for a few seconds, woke it up and the issue presented itself. Conversely, I've left my machine in sleep mode for a few days, woke it up, and found no issue - so obviously length of time asleep is not the problem. My guess would be that certain routines which are supposed to occur when entering sleep mode or leaving sleep mode are not occurring gracefully - perhaps the wifi card is not being granted enough time to finish all of its routines?

PShu1
Beginner

Fett wrote:

What makes this issue so curious is that not every sleep/wake event causes the card to lose connectivity. There doesn't seem to be any superficial indicator of what is causing it. I've put the machine to sleep for a few seconds, woke it up and the issue presented itself. Conversely, I've left my machine in sleep mode for a few days, woke it up, and found no issue - so obviously length of time asleep is not the problem.

Me, too!

Thinkpad T510, i-5 M520, QM57, 8 GB DDR3

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Power: AC Adapter

0 Kudos
SMons2
New Contributor I

So I had a 7260AC replaced after my first one suffered from epic throughput variances. I was hoping the replacement 7260AC card, purchased from a different store after a refund from the earlier store, would fare better (different batches etc etc).

Unfortunately not...

I'm having serious issues with speeds, and occassionally random disconnects / reconnects. Very few 'limited connectivity' events though. I'm using a NUC D54250WYKH with Windows 7 Pro x64. The wireless driver is 17.0.5.8. Curiously enough, I'm not having issues with bluetooth connectivity (the bluetooth side of the 7260 I leave off most of the day; internet issues are independent of the bluetooth anyways).

Yeah. Been using the D54250 all day today and no issues with internet connectivity, until around 4:30pm. As you can see attached, the throughput varies greatly for no reason (I have a seperate six-year-old Vaio laptop which has an Intel 5100 card, which pings consistently at 1ms at the same location / position as the D54250). In the attached image, at one point the card claims the host is unreachable (I was pinging the router / modem).

I use the 7260 with the 2.4GHz frequency; not fortunate enough to own a 5GHz dualband router...

0 Kudos
RHsie7
Beginner

I got the same failure also, it always disconnected access point after resume from sleep. I need to toggle my wifi off/on again, then it became normal.

But I found something, if I uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" from power management tab from device manager for Intel AC 7260.

It can auto connect with my access point, it just needs to take around 1 ~ 2 mins to auto re-connect.

Can you reproduce my case? by the way, I use latest driver v17.0.5.

0 Kudos
LYang24
Novice

I have the same problem. My laptop is Toshiba R30 with Intel 7260 AC. I have already updated Intel PROSet to 17.0.5 but the issue remains.

The following is system I have:

System brand and model: Toshiba R30

Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise

Wireless band: 2.4GHz, channel 1, 802.11n, Max Speed 150 Mbps

Wireless Security/Authentication: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK

Access point model and firmware: TP-LINK TL-WR740N v1 (firmware: 3.9.18 Build 100104 Rel.36350n)

Optional SIU code/report: 0263 1656

I found that each time it loses connection after resuming from sleep, if I run the Windows troubleshooter to let it reset the wireless card, then it can connect to access point again. But doing this every time is quite annoying.

0 Kudos
PShu1
Beginner

louis925 wrote:

I found that each time it loses connection after resuming from sleep, if I run the Windows troubleshooter to let it reset the wireless card, then it can connect to access point again. But doing this every time is quite annoying.

Shy of reverting back to a v16 driver, I put a shortcut to the Wireless Adapter (Contol Panel > Network & Internet > Wireless Network Connection) on my desktop. I can click on it to disable/enable avoiding the troubleshooting wizard.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you all for the information, especially Fett and plainv70 made me wonder if there is any relevant information in the Windows* Event Viewer, I read some of you experienced a driver bang (code 10).

The people who have not already reported this issue to the support center by using the options provided above can contact me via PM so we can gather more information.

0 Kudos
CVanD11
Beginner

I also have this problem. Here are some details:

I own a Dell XPS 15 (L502x). I recently purchase an Intel 7260 801.11ac wifi card. However, when sometimes when I come out hibernation, the wifi driver needs to be reset before it connects to my wifi access point.

The failure happens when connecting to either my Netgear R7000 Access Point or connecting to my Samsung Galaxy S4 hot spot.

I'm running Windows 7 with the latest patches. I've installed the latest wifi (Version 17.0.5.8) and Bluetooth drivers from Intel. I've installed the latest Bios from Dell. I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers at the request of Intel Customer Support.

When Windows resets the wifi driver, it maintains a log of its activity. I've pasted the log below:

Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Fixed

Reset the wireless adapter Completed

Investigate router or access point issues Not run

Refer to Windows Help and Support for more information about wireless connectivity problems Not run

Issues found Detection details

 Problem with wireless adapter or access point Fixed

Reset the wireless adapter Completed

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name: 85C1C1F6-E3DA-4BD2-8BCD-4708A18F0157.Repair.1.etl

Investigate router or access point issues Not run

If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator. Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. After all the lights on the device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset button.

Refer to Windows Help and Support for more information about wireless connectivity problems Not run

Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue.

Detection details

Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)

Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Wireless Network Connection 4 driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Corporation

Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel

Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 17.0.5.8

Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\oem142.inf

Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:30:22 PM

Section Name . . . . . . . . . : Install_MPCIEX_GEN_7260_AC_2x2_HMC_WIN7_64_AC

Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_08b1&subsys_40708086

Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a

Device Manager Status Code . . : 0

IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 71

Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 9

Diagnostics Information (Wireless Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis:

Information for connection being diagnosed

Interface GUID: cd8f1347-62f4-4872-9c27-a45f69559555

Interface name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Interface type: Native WiFi

Profile: BehindTheTv-5G

SSID: BehindTheTv-5G

SSID length: 14

Connection mode: Infra

Security: Yes

Connect even if network is not broadcasting: No

Connection incident diagnosed

Auto Configuration ID: 5

Connection ID: 8

Connection status summary

Connection started at: 2014-07-16 13:51:38-771

Profile match: Success

Pre-Association: Success

Association: Success

Security and Authentication: Fail

List of visible access point(s): 11 item(s) total, 11 item(s) displayed

BSSID BSS Type PHY Signal(dB) Chnl/freq SSID

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

C4-04-15-1A-20-32 Infra -41 5785000 BehindTheTv-5G

2C-B0-5D-25-38-F0 Infra -70 6 BehindTheTv

C4-04-15-1A-20-33 Infra -34 1 BehindTheTv

2C-B0-5D-25-38-EF Infra -78 5765000 BehindTheTv-5G

B8-3E-59-46-6D-FF Infra -60 5825000 DIRECT-roku-431

84-1B-5E-E0-99-48 Infra -86 6 ItoHome

86-1B-5E-E0-99-49 Infra -91 6 ItoGuest

F6-ED-A5-62-45-70 Infra -90 6 xfinitywifi

00-26-62-64-A7-0B Infra -93 6 6SDX3

F2-ED-A5-62-45-70 Infra -90 6 (Unnamed Network)

00-21-63-48-C3-27 Infra g -88 6 GeniseNet

Connection History

Information for Auto Configuration ID 5

List of visible networks: 9 item(s) total, 9 item(s) displayed

BSS Type PHY Security Signal(RSSI) Compatible SSID

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infra Yes 98 Yes BehindTheTv-5G

Infra Yes 99 Yes BehindTheTv

Infra Yes 66 Yes DIRECT-roku-431

Infra Yes 23 Yes ItoHome

Infra Yes 15 Yes ItoGuest

Infra No 16 Yes xfinitywifi

Infra Yes 11 Yes 6SDX3

Infra Yes 16 Yes (Unnamed Network)

Infra g Yes 20 Yes GeniseNet

List of preferred networks: 2 item(s)

Profile: Cliff Droid

SSID: Cliff Droid

SSID length: 11

Co...
0 Kudos
jfett1
Novice

Windows Event Viewer (administrative events immediately following incident at 9:29PM)

Note: Hardware events were empty Also, both of these events seem to be related to failures caused by a lost of connectivity, so I doubt they will help much.

Windows Can't sync with time.windows.com because internet connectivity has been lost.

Device Manager shows no errors on the device 

Hope this helps! If you can't tell already, I really want a solution to this problem.

0 Kudos
FAger
Beginner

I have the same problem too. I recently changed my network card from Wirless N-135 to AC7260 due to that I changed home network from 802.11n to 802.11ac. I have a MSI GE60 running Windows 7 64-bit. After sleep the card (AC7260) fails to restore wireless. It never happened with the old and slower N-135. Often whe the AC7260 fails after sleep there is a couple of logs in system log. Today no log but an exclamation mark in device manager, and a note that the device was stopped due to error. Solution was to uninstall the device without removing the drivers, and search for hardware change. A restart will also helps. My drivers are 17.1.0.19.

regards //Freddan

0 Kudos
VRozl
Beginner

Hello there, one more user with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 at Windows 8.1

So my situation is next. When i using windows without any other software Pings were looking normal . But if i entered Battlefield 3 pings was auful . My problem was solved by disabling HT and Updating router(TPLINK 1043ND) firmware
0 Kudos
PShu1
Beginner

First thing this morning upon resuming from sleep my laptop wifi would not connect. I disabled/re-enabled the 7260 in the device manager and successfully reconnected.

Joe_Intel: The event viewer log for this sequence is in the attached evtx file. I included all the logged events from the evening before leading up to sleep as well as the immediate events after resuming. The event at 7:43:32 AM (Level: Information, Source: NETwNs64) is associated with the 7260. I'll leave it to Intel to assess its significance.

0 Kudos
SMons2
New Contributor I

Been a while since I logged in; just saw some questions directed at me.

My D54250WYKH woken up from sleep SOMETIMES causes the limited connectivity issue. I can leave the NUC alone anywhere between 10 seconds to around 5 minutes before full internet connectivity returns. Sometimes the NUC resumes without connectivty issues.

Also played around with sleep duration to see if that is a possible factor. No pattern found; issue occurs completely randomly...

In my case, running the Windows troubleshooter for internet connectivity causes the entire card to go belly-up (the wizard disables my card and majority of the time fails to re-enable it). Me rebooting Windows fixes the issue.

So yeah. Issues with this card seem to vary far and in-between... I can't see this being a hardware problem, because when the 7260AC works, it works perfectly fine...

0 Kudos
HKim49
Novice

Kudos to Intel for trying to "help" users with this situation. However it is a complete joke that a giant like Intel cannot reproduce the problems and solve it by now. A complete joke.

WLai11
Beginner

I have the same problem too! thought I am the only one. I am running Windows 8.1 on Gigabyte P34g V2. It's so annoying how I need to start Windows troubleshooter to let it reset the wireless card, then it can connect to access point again. But doing this every time is quite annoying. i already install the newest driver(17.0.5.8) still have the same issue. hope the next update can fix this issue.

0 Kudos
CS_
Beginner

Hello, I am experiencing this issue on my Toshiba Portege Z30 running Windows 8.1 pro. I have reverted to driver 17.0.0.34 where this does not happen and is stable for me. The specific events in Event Viewer related to this are in

Application and Service Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> WLAN-AutoConfig -> Operational

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/OperationalSource: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfigDate: 7/19/2014 6:38:41 PMEvent ID: 8002

Task Category: AcmConnection

Level: ErrorKeywords: (1024),(512)User: SYSTEMComputer: Tyr

Description:

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Interface GUID: {d2a3f961-7aa1-4f64-b2a9-85155d3ec864}

Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile

Profile Name: ASUS_5G

SSID: ASUS_5G

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason:Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

RSSI: -62

Event Xml:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

800202240101910x80000000000006003369Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/OperationalTyr

{D2A3F961-7AA1-4F64-B2A9-85155D3EC864}Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260Automatic connection with a profileASUS_5GASUS_5GInfrastructureDynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time2949170xd-62

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name:

Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/OperationalSource: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfigDate: 7/19/2014 6:38:40 PMEvent ID: 11006

Task Category: MsmSecurity

Level: ErrorKeywords: (1024),(512)User: SYSTEMComputer: Tyr

Description:

Wireless security failed.

Interface GUID: {d2a3f961-7aa1-4f64-b2a9-85155d3ec864}

Local MAC Address: 7C:7A:91:6F:07:7F

Network SSID: ASUS_5G

Peer MAC Address: 74:D0:2B:5D:CE:54

Reason: Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

Error: 0x0

Event Xml:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

1100602240121990x80000000000006003367Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational<...
0 Kudos
JFrod
Beginner

I have the same event log entries:

Wireless security failed.

Interface GUID: {0f1f317d-e077-4d6e-bc72-dbe6b1ba3ebf}

Local MAC Address: 80:86:F2:E2:76:1F

Network SSID: DDWRT5G

Peer MAC Address: 40:16:7E:2B:2E:E4

Reason: Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

Error: 0x0

Seems like some kind of race condition. It happens with other Wifi routers I use too.

-J

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please make sure your router's firmware is up to date and avoid using TKIP encryption.

I have been advised to wait for the next driver release.

We appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
SMons2
New Contributor I

Hi Joe,

Do you have an ETA for an updated driver? You've (and we've all) probably asked this a million times before with the previous driver revisions, but it does give us something to look forward to, to some respect...
0 Kudos