Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX200 bluetooth and wifi adapter kit The bluetooth option seemed to have malfunctioned. I'm not tech savvy, but the wifi option is working, but the bluetooth is not.

KGuti2
Beginner

I've tried reconnecting the cables and restarting my PC, but it still doesn't work. Whenever I restart my PC, it just shows me a notification that says;

"USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it."

Every other peripheral I have works, except for the Bluetooth option.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KGuti2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to have a better understanding of your environment and this behavior, could you please provide the following information?

1. Regarding the wireless card, do you refer to the "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 Gig+ Desktop Kit" (did it come with brackets, cables, and antennas?); or do you refer to an "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200"?
  2. Did the wireless come preinstalled on the system or did you install it?
  3. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before at any time? Is this a new computer? Please provide details.
  4. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  5. Is there any error message on Windows® Device Manager? Please provide a screenshot to see if the Bluetooth device is present in Device Manager or if there is an error.
  6. Is the Bluetooth icon visible in the Windows notification area at the bottom right corner?
  7. Have you checked the Bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KGuti2
Beginner

Good day!

Thank you for getting back to me.

I already fixed the problem. I just re-plugged the WIFI card into my motherboard. I didn't know why it disconnected my Bluetooth specifically, but I did hear a faint click before it malfunctioned (like a cigarette lighter click but much fainter).

I don't know what caused it, but it's working fine again.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KGuti2

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you were able to fix the problem and it has been a pleasure to assist you. We will proceed to close this inquiry.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos