Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel AX200 compatiblity

Axel1
Novice

Hello,

First, I have done an intel SSU scan and attached it, if useful.

WIFI card: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 M.2 official intel m.2 card that came with a kit

Mobo: Asrock z370 extreme 4

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

I just installed a new M.2 Wifi card AX200 in my system and am having problems using it. I installed the latest drivers found 22.10.0 from intel  and the Bluetooth works great, however the wifi won't turn "on" either in windows 10 (20h2) nor under Linux Mint. I've been reading up and it appear that it might not be compatible? When I purchased it I only looked at the M.2 Key type and it seemed to be the correct type.

Now I'm reading that newer Intel Wifi need CNVi and that the Intel Coffee lake should have it (I have an i7 8700k).

Could you please help me understand if my mother board / processor combo is compatible with this chip, and how I could get it working?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Axel1
Novice

Update:

I've updated my BIOS to the latest version 4.2 and it fixed the issue. It's now working as it should.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Axel1
Novice

Just to add that if I run the Windows Network Diagnostic it just says that it is off, and to use the switch or button on the computer to turn it on. Of course my PC doesn't have such a button.

And if this isn't compatible, can you provide me with one M.2 card that is? Preferably an intel kit?

thanks

0 Kudos
Axel1
Novice

Update:

I've updated my BIOS to the latest version 4.2 and it fixed the issue. It's now working as it should.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Axel1,

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos