Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel AX200 does not auto connect to hidden SSID

aasdf40
Beginner

My Intel AX200 does not auto connect to my hidden SSID when I boot Windows 10. Anybody else have this issue? AP is 802.11AX. Let me know if you would like any further details.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
aasdf40
Beginner

Intel Driver: 21.70.0.6

Changed AP from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA3 only.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have an AX200, windows 10 1909, dell laptop, and I have absolutely no problem connecting to either my 2.4g hidden network, or my 5g hidden network.

Did your device come with the AX200, or did you add it yourself?

What version of W10? 1909?

What is the model number of your device?

Doc

0 Kudos
aasdf40
Beginner

I added it. It is a GC-WBAX200 from Gigabyte

Yes 1909.

Only model number i can find is intel Wifi 6 AX200 160mhz

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello aasdf40

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding the behavior with the Gigabyte GC-WBAX200 PCIe expansion card with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, it is worth mentioning that Installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. It is important to check with the system manufacturer before any Wireless integration. For more information please refer to Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

The Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 has been integrated into the PCIe expansion card by Gigabyte, hence we recommend using the customized drivers available at their website*:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-WBAX200-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

If the device is being detected in Windows® Device Manager and able to work in other scenarios, it may be that the Device is fine but there could be something that is preventing it to work properly under your current configuration (limitations due to customizations on drivers, firmware/BIOS, compatibility, etc.).

In this case, we recommend checking this further with your motherboard manufacturer and GIGABYTE® support* and since they are the ones that design the PCIe expansion card and can advise further on compatibility, proper drivers and configurations and even assist to check if there could be a hardware issue on the device.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
aasdf40
Beginner

I have used to drivers from Gigabyte and had the same problem. This was the reason why I changed to the newer Intel Drivers.

After all this is a Intel Card with an PCI to m.2 adapter.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello aasdf40

Thank you for your response.

Since you already tested both drivers (Gigabyte* customized driver and Intel® generic driver) and the issue persists, we kindly recommend you to check this further with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) GIGABYTE® so they can provide further suggestions and product functionality of the Gigabyte GC-WBAX200 PCIe expansion card (for instance, firmware or settings available).

You may contact GIGABYTE® support using the below link*:

https://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos