Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel AX200 has extremely poor signal strength

Somnia
Beginner
I have the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 wireless card for my PC and am using the ASUS AX6000 router and recently moved my PC into a different room. Every other device in the house from a 3DS to other PCs have absolutely no issues detecting the wifi at max signal strength from anywhere in the apartment. However my PC has such weak signal strength that it barely detects any networks at all be it ours or our neighbors.

My partner's PC as well as other devices such as game consoles are in the exact same room and are detecting dozens of networks at fantastic signals, yet my PC is only able to find 2-3 at a time and the signal is so poor that connecting to the internet isn't even possible even when signed into those networks.

I've reset network settings, updated drivers, cleaned the pins on the network card itself as well as other troubleshooting options and yet I can't quite figure out why I'm having this issue all of the sudden. Before moving my PC just a couple weeks ago I was detecting dozens of networks and getting signal strengths that were nothing out of the ordinary. Since moving the unit however wifi has been completely useless.

The fact that its still able to oh so faintly detect a small number of other networks is what really has me stumped. If it was just unable to see anything I'd just assume the Intel wireless card in my PC is dead and needs replacing.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Somnia,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please share with us the following information:

1. Does the issue happen in both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz or just in one of them?
  2. Have you tried using a different router?
  3. Are you using a desktop computer or a laptop?
  4. Is the Intel AX200 the original wireless adapter?
  5. Have you tried placing the PC in the original room? If so, does the issue persists?

Download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Somnia, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Somnia, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.    

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos