Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel AX200 in Lenovo Thinkpad E495 (Ryzen 3700u): No connection for 1minute after boot, error messages of Intel driver. How to fix this?

CDenk
Beginner

Hello,

in my brand-new Lenovo Thinkpad E495 notebook, I have replaced the (unreliable) Realtek Wifi module with an Intel AX200 card.

However, after the system boots from a "real" shutdown (via executing shutdown /s /t 0), the notebook does not connect to any wifi network for ~1-2 minutes.

After this time span, the Wifi connects. In the windows event viewer, several error messages of the Intel AX200 driver (netwtw08) are listed, as well as a "device reset".

Details:

- Windows 10 is freshly installed with all updates

- Drivers for ax200 are the currently available 21.60.2

- after a "real" shutdown (shutdown /s /t 0) in a command-window and booting the notebook afterwards, the notebook does not connect to any wifi for ~1-2minutes after windows is up and running.

Inside the windows event viewer, the following messages are to be found:

Date: 08/02/2020 20:08:57   6062 - Lso was triggered  Date: 08/02/2020 20:08:54   7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage  Date: 08/02/2020 20:07:54   The network interface "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.  Date: 08/02/2020 20:07:54   Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.  Date: 08/02/2020 20:07:51   Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.  Date: 08/02/2020 20:07:51   Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.  Date: 08/02/2020 20:07:51   5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

- Afterwards, the wifi comes up and is running reliably (no connection loss etc.)

- after a "normal" shutdown via start menu (i.e. with hibernation), this problem does not occur and the wifi is up immediately.

What I have already tried to track down the problem or resolve it - however without any success:

- Install AMD Ryzen notebook drivers

- Use older AX200 driver

- Change boot option in BIOS/UEFI to "diagnostic" instead of "quick"

- deactivate PCI Express Power management

- deactive Wifi power management

- Replace / switch AX200 module with the a different AX200 module from my desktop PC. Result: both AX200 work flawlessly in my desktop machine.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues? Maybe with a different Intel wifi module?

Could it be that the problem is linked to the Ryzen platform?

I am grateful for any help on resolving this.

Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact Lenovo for support of their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
CDenk
Beginner

Hello,

the error messages stem from the intel wifi driver- which is why I would like to know what is behind these messages and what could cause those.

Hence - I am here in the Intel forum.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Regardless, Lenovo is your support provider. You paid Lenovo for support.

There are any number of things that could be wrong - bios update, windows version, shovelware, anti-virus, etc.

Hence, you need Lenovo to sort this out.

Doc

0 Kudos