Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7617 Discussions

Intel AX201 Wi-Fi6 disconnect and BT lags - Asus UX425EA

Shay2007
New Contributor I

I want to share with you a problem I have for long time with Wifi and BT. and the what steps I made already.

I am using Asus UX425EA Laptop.

I already post the problem before.

Bluetooth problem:

When connect Bluetooth mouse there is random lag, It stop for a sec and then continue.
I try different mouse, such Microsoft Bluetooth, and Microsoft surface ARC.
When I connect this mouse to different Laptop all work fine with no lags.
I try with 3 diffrent router, also when the Wi-Fi is turn off, and with LAN connected with the same problem.

Wi-Fi problem:

When connect to protocol wifi5 (802.11ac) there is random discconect for 5-10 sec.
When the network connect to Wifi 2.4 Ghz all work fine with no discconecting.
I try diffrent routers such: D-Link 224, and Technicolor DGA2232.
Recently I buy Redmi AX6 supporting Wifi6 protocol, and all work just fine!!

Warrenty:
I send the laptop to asus, 2 times already.
(when it was in the LAB Asus saw the problem!!)
First they replace to motherboard but the problem continue.
Second they thought that there is a problem with the Anthena, But still the problem continue.
The main problem is the Bluetooth lags...

Its seems Intel having a spacific problem with the AX201 when connect to bluetooth and working with Wifi5 protocols. probebly Intel need to update their drivers.

Update 22.30.0 (2/23/2021)

I update the recent update from INTEL,
They finaly admit: 

As for the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, The problem Continue!!!
And I try with diffrent more mouse, and the problem Continue.

Thank you INTEL for admiting that there is a problem, But you need to keep working to solve it!!

0 Kudos
61 Replies
blazkepa
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes I must say it's pretty interesting how the generic form may help the engineers to reproduce the issue, but here it is. I think they are already aware of the problem. But to be fair - it's still unclear to me who to blame for the problem. It can be either the Microsoft's fault. They messed something with power plans on Windows some time ago.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hi Blazkepa,

Thank you for this detail about activating the High performance.

I didn't try it in the past, So I try it now, And I already working several min, and its seems there is an improvement, Having much less lagging with Bluetooth mouse, But still I having mouse lag.

The problem is when I switch to HIgh performance the CPU speed jump above 3.8Ghz all the time, instend of 1.5Ghz when in Balance mode. What cousing draining battery and hotter CPU.

So it is good Detail for Intel to test, When they searching how to solve the problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shay2007 and blazkepa, Thank you very much for filling the form.

Now, we will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shay2007 and blazkepa, I just received an update on this matter.

Shay2007, you mentioned he has contacted Asus. Could you please provide your Asus bug ID? We might be able to track the Bluetooth issue with Asus

Please provide the full model name of your Microsoft Bluetooth/ Microsoft surface ARC mouse, usually the model name is labeled on the back of the mouse. 

Although the Bluetooth lagging issue doesn't seem to be a BT/WiFi coex as you mentioned "I try with 3 different router, also when the Wi-Fi is turn off, and with LAN connected with the same problem'" please try the following"

• Set Redmi AX6 AP at a fixed channel (e.g. instead of 'Auto' channel, set it at CH11 on 2.4GHz and CH36 on 5 GHz) 
  • 2Connect WiFi to Redmi AX6 AP at 5 GHz

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes I already have 2.4GHz and 5GHz set on fixed channels. 4 and 36 respectively. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think switching it to 6 will change anything, will it? Anyways - I returned i7-11th gen laptop to the store yesterday and I took the Asus UM425IA with Ryzen 7 instead. There is no single issue with connectivity. I just don't have a time to be a beta-tester of underdeveloped Intel products.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Well done, Switching to Razen 7.

Intel this is a sign for to take it more seriously!!

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Intel,

See video showing the Lag problem with Bluetooth mouse.

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

@Shay2007 yes, I can confirm I had exactly the same behaviour before I returned UX425EA. I don't know if this is helpful but the UM425 version has a different Wi-Fi - Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz but the same Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) card.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hello dear Intel customer agent,

Before I giving you the pointless answer for your questions,
Please let me ask you a question:

Did you try to take a Laptop with Wifi Intel ax201 and test it with Bluetooth mouse yourself?

It feels like you just sending questions to sole some more time!!
Because if you look back you can see I gave all the answers needed!!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shay2007, blazkepa, Thank you very much both for providing those updates and the video.

We will continue with our research on this matter, once I get any information I will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hi,

I recently install Ubuntu OS,

And there is no Bluetooth Lag.

It seems there is a problem with windows driver,
To bad we need to be Beta tester for Intel.

0 Kudos
tobiash
Novice

@Alberto_Sykes there are multiple threads here on the intel forums pointing to the same issue. See for example https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-i7-Gen-11-Bluetooth-issues/td-p/1260969 - all our issues reproduce and look the same if you read into the threads.

Also looking at the views for these threads, it very much looks like they get many views and that more and more users have these problems.

There is something awry with these new chips (see specs in other thread and also what @Shay2007 mentioned here.

0 Kudos
Dermeni
Beginner

I just purchased an LG Gram 17 2021 that comes with the intel AX201 wifi/bluetooth adapter and I have the exact same problem with the bluetooth mouse lag.

I tried 4 different bluetooth mice and one of the mice can be used with a USB receiver or bluetooth. There is no lag when using with the receiver but frequent and intermittent lag when using on bluetooth.

I tried to reinstall windows, reinstall bluetooth and wifi drivers, update the bios and any other windows updates but the issue persists. I also tried unchecking "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" but there was no difference.

Very annoying problem to have on a new laptop. Resorted to using the USB receiver until the issue is fixed. Thankfully the LG Gram has USB A ports.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shay2007, I just received an update on this matter.

The Bluetooth mouse lag may be related to a known issue caused by the system.

We noticed that last week Asus released a newer version of BIOS and system drivers for Zenbook UX425. 

Please try to update the BIOS version 304 and the system drivers as well, especially the Chipset V30.100.2042.1, and once you get the chance please let us know if the issue is improved/ fixed.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel/HelpDesk_knowledge/?model2Name=ZenBook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I
Hi,
Thank you, I already update all recent Asus update 19/3/2021 include bios 304.

The problem continue!!
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Shay2007, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

We are sorry to hear the issue remains and we will continue with our research on this matter, once I get any more details I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I
Intel finally admitted about the problem.
This is the message I received from Intel:

"Hello Shay,

I appreciate your help. Our engineering team reviewed your logs and acknowledged this likely links to a known issue with USB on Windows 10 OS. We're working with Microsoft to resolve this issue. However, it may take some time.

Meanwhile, some of other customers reported that the latest Bluetooth driver 22.40.0 released this week is improving the issue.
Please update this driver and let us know how it works. We recommend updating WiFi driver to 22.40.0 as well"
0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have try the recent update 22.40 ... but the problem now fix!!

In the mean time, Asus took the Laptop again, and today they gave it back.

They found out that there is a Driver problem, As I told for long time!!
and currently they are working with Intel and Microsoft to make a new update that will fix it.
They says the update will be available until the end of April 2021.

Hopefully the next update will fix it!!
And I will update you if it will.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

I gave up.

Asus says it is not their problem, and that Microsoft should release the Hotfix.
When i contact Microsoft they says it is Driver problem and Asus should fix it.

And Intel also not doing anything.

So at the moment no one take responsibility and there is no hope for future fix in the near future.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shay2007, I just received an update on this matter.

First of all, let me apologize for all the lateness and any inconvenience this might have caused you.

I just wanted to let you know that as you mentioned previously, there is a bug with the drivers and internally we are actively working on this issue. However, this may take time towards a final and good solution.

In the meantime, some other users reported that the workaround showing in the thread below may help improve the issue. It works in some laptops, but there are also reports that this could create a BSOD on the system:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-i7-Gen-11-Bluetooth-issues/m-p/1274894#M35317"

Since we are working on this matter internally and unfortunately there is no estimated timeframe of when the solution will be available, we will proceed to close this case. 

Please keep checking the thread above since all the updates on this topic and a possible solution will be posted there. 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos