Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Intel AX201 Wifi Disconnects from the router suddenly

MSK1
Novice

My Intel AX201 wifi Disconnects from the internet all of a sudden I have 2 internet connections and it just doesn't stay on on any of the networks, I am also using an older laptop which does not have any problem with the connection, my wifi routers are both n type btw, none of the other devices are having any issue with either of the routers only my DELL G15 5511 laptop is having this issue, I am using latest drivers as well, I have also attached the SSU file. I am desperate to find a solution for this, please help! Thank you!

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. In order to assist you, can you please help us with the following information: 

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?
  • Is this the original wireless adapter?
  • How often does this happen?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Thank you for your reply @Carlos_L_Intel 

1. Issue started after a few days I got my second internet connection, no changes in the laptop other than the usual updates from windows, I am using the latest drivers for bt and wifi.

2. Yes, this is the original wireless adapter fitted by the manufacturer from the factory.

3. This happens every time I use the laptop, if I roughly say it would be around 10-15 times within an hour, so you can understand my desperation.

More over I bought the laptop 6 months ago and this issue started 2 months later, I thought it might be the new connection but then I realized it's only happening on this specific laptop, every other laptop and cell phone are working fine with both of the internet connections.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

I appreciate your post. In this case, I would like you to test de Original equipment manufacturer driver to see if anything changes: 

Let me know if anything changes. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Sure @Carlos_L_Intel I'll Install that and let you know, thanks!

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

Thank you.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel I installed the driver you provided and It didn't help, It's behaving more or less the same.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

Thank you for your post. In this case, can you please check the recommended Settings for your card following this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless.html

Can you also help me with the following:

• Have you tried the laptop without the second access point recently? If so, is the issue still present?
  • What is the model of your second router or access point? Is it a separate network? 

Let me know if there are any questions or if anything changes. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi@Carlos_L_Intel

I checked the recommended settings they are as mentioned in the link.

1) I have tried connecting the laptop to both of the access points my latest connection has the disconnectivity problem while my older connection has stopped connecting with the wifi, this never happened before I got the new connection.

2) My older connection router is from ZTE ZXHN H168N VDSL CPE, latest connection point is Huawei EchoLife H8546M (GPON ONU). Both are seperate network providers.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1

I appreciate the information. In this case did connectivity issues (with the old driver) started after installing the drivers, tweaking the recommended settings or before all this?

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel 

This started happening quite a while back so I can't remember if anything was updated(unintentionally), other than that I didn't mess with any settings before this problem started occuring.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1

Thank you for the information provided. I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

@Carlos_L_Intel  Please do as this situation is quite frustrating with a new laptop, thank you!

0 Kudos
AndrewG10i
Novice

Hi @MSK1, is your laptop with AX201 connected to the standard WiFi network, or you are connected to the Mesh WiFi Network? In case it is a mesh network, then your issue can be similar to the AX201/AX211 roaming issue I have posted.

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi @AndrewG10i

I am not sure if I am on standard network or mesh network can you please guide from where I can check that? thank you!

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

Thanks for your time and help from the community. In this case, I would like you to check a couple of things: 

• Is it possible to test this laptop in another network? If so, can you check if the issue is still present?
  • Make sure the routers' firmware is up-to-date. If you are unsure how to do this, I would recommend contacting the manufacturers.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel 

1) I did test the laptop at a cousin's house he has a wifi extender installed and it worked perfectly there, no disconnection even for a second. I read on another forum that somebody else had the same exact experience.

2) I will have to check if I can updated the router firmware, I am not really sure about it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

Thank you for testing. I see, please keep me posted on the firmware update to see if anything changes.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel 

I tried updating the firmware on the router but it is above my level of understanding, I also watched some videos on youtube but they are not working for my router, also I don't own the router it is from the network provider so updating my router is out of question for now.

One more thing is that my brother is using AX201 intel wifi card on his laptop (Dell G15 5520) on the same network in the same house and he is not facing any disconnection issues.

I could try to replicate the settings he has on his laptop (driver version, windows 11 version and wifi settings) but If It still doesn't work what would be the next course of action?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @MSK1,

Thank you for your post. It would be a good idea to communicate with your service provider to see if they can do that for you, as well as to check your network, since the problem is specially in your network. It would be good to try the same settings as well, if this does not work I will still encourage you to contact your service providers to update the firmware on your routers.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
MSK1
Novice

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel 

Thank you for your time, I will communicate with them as well.

0 Kudos