Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Advanced-N 6235, bluetooth stopped working

idata
Employee

I recently got a new laptop which included the Advance-N 6235 card for wireless and bluetooth. I bought a bluetooth mouse (Logitech M555b) to go with it.

Before now, the mouse would connect fine but then when I turned the computer off and then turned it on again hours later, the computer wasn't be able to connet (I did check that the bluetooth light was still on). Sometimes, I'd have to uninstall and re-install the mouse drivers to get it to work.

Now the bluetooth mouse is just not working at all. Sometimes it shows up on the normal device manager but the mouse still doesn't do anything. When I go to 'add devices' the round cursor wheel shows up but nothing gets detected.

I have tried re-installing thee drivers, I tried doing it automatically and also using the drivers found on Intel's site but to no avail.

I am pretty sure it is the wifi card because it can't find my iPhone either.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Kevin.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

On this specific case I suggest you to update the wireless card drivers with the latest version available at the following link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6235&ProdId=3502&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6235&ProdId=3502&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783

If the issue persist I suggest you to contact the OEM manufacturer of your system since it is possible that the card is not working properly anymore and the bluetooth part of the card might stop working.

0 Kudos