Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Intel My Wifi Technology : Adapter not found.

idata
Employee

Intel (R) My Wifi Technology : Adapter not found.

So I got this error lately (like 3 hours ago).I saw this thing on my notifications. And I think that the only thing I could do is Run the Intel Driver Update Utility from the Intel Site. After running it, it says that there's a new driver available for my system in the Wireless Networking Group. The new update name was :

Product Name : Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility

Product Version : 15.1.1.0

and my previous product before the update was :

Product Name : Intel(R) PROSet Wireless WiFi Software (Intel (R) PROSet Wireless Framework)

Product Version : 14.00.0000

|> Source : System Restore.

After I installed the update the previous Product was gone and replaced by the update. The update didn't updated my previous program, it replaced it.

Here's my Question : Is it normal ?

Because after I installed the update, the notification in my taskbar is gone and when I try to restore that notification, Windows says "This icon is currently not active, It will be shown once it becomes active".

I don't know if its normal and it keeps bugging my mind. So I want to know.

Things included in the update:

|> Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth(R) + High Speed 15. 1.1.0170

So, what do you think I should do?

Remarks : Sorry for my really bad bad bad english. I HOPE you know what I'm talking about.

Other Things you might need :

Operating System : Windows 7 Starter

Laptop Manufacturer\Brand\Model : Acer Aspire One D257

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

According to your computer specifications the original wireless network adapter was not an Intel(R) part, please refer to the following link:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/2011/Acer/Aspire/AspireOneAOD257/AspireOneAOD257sp2.shtml http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/2011/Acer/Aspire/AspireOneAOD257/AspireOneAOD257sp2.shtml

Please note that we do not recommend or support wireless cards replacements, since those cards are platform dependant components because of this reason we cannot warranty that the wifi adapter will work as expected.

0 Kudos