Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7455 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band AC 7260 + Bluetooth bluetooth not working

BDoug3
Novice

I just installed an AC 7260 card in my new Alienware 18. I cannot get the Bluetooth to work. I have tried all the latest drivers and have got WIFI and WIDI working. 4700mq processor. Will this card not work with my computer?

70 Replies
PLeun3
Beginner

MY QUESTION IS, "How can you tell is the BT in AC7260 for Desktop broken (the hardware), should I replace with a different one? I just bought it."

Under DEVICE MANAGER, it is shown as "Unknown USB device". The WiFi is listed in device manager and I can connect to a WiFi router without any problem. The WiFi is working fine, and the WiFi LED is on. I cannot get the BT to work at all, no BT LED light either. I downloaded and installed BT_3.1.1309_s64.exe in my Windows 7 computer. The AC7260 is plugged in a Intel Motherboard and using Intel SSD, and Intel CPU too. The USB cable is plugged in.

The BT driver/software does not has any desktop software (similar to the WiFi) to diagnostic. If Windows detects as unknown USB device, what it really mean?

Should I return the card?

0 Kudos
habra
Beginner

Excellent, thank you mountcrosby. Power management tweak fixes the short-lived BT connection on my Dell XPS12 with Logitech V470 travel mouse. Dell has yet to update drivers and I am reluctant to install Intel update given their disclaimer regarding OEM drivers so I will stick with this for now.

0 Kudos
JCABR3
Beginner

jeanque:: Same here. I installed (in 2014) the latest version of the intel BT drivers for windows 8.1. This did not work showing an "unknown USB device" message at the USB devices list... I uninstalled these installed drivers and followed your suggestions. Now, my BT is working. Thanks

0 Kudos
PJaco1
Novice

Glad you got it working. When I first attempted to update the latest BT driver not only was my BT not recognized but when I went to reinstall the original driver it was not allowed since the installed driver was newer than my original driver. I had to go into my control panel's programs and features, uninstall the Intel PROSet Wireless Software for Bluetooth Technology and then install the original driver. It was to say the least frustrating. I hope others will avoid this latest BT driver if their system is currently working properly. Intel please write another BT driver for this AC 7260 module that will work properly.

0 Kudos
JCABR3
Beginner

After I reboot the system I saw under BlueTooth in the Device manager:

Generic BlueTooth Adapter

Microsoft BlueTooth Enumerator

Microsoft BlueTooth LE Enumerator

In network adapters I saw:

BlueTooth Device (Personal Area Network) # 2

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) # 2

Intel (R) Dual band Wireless-AC 7260

etc etc etc

and some "unknown USB device" disappeared from the USB controllers list.

I just hope the installed "generic driver" will be compatible with Bluetooth 4.0.

So far I have been able to pair my cell phone with my PC. I might get another Bluetooth device to work with my pc.

I agree... Intel must provide better drivers. So much suffering we got...

Thanks

0 Kudos
PJaco1
Novice

As long as you can pair your phone with your BT the drivers are working properly. I am using the Intel drivers since I have the original disc and was able to reinstall. Whether Microsoft drivers or Intel drivers the bottom line is everything works. And it seems that your system is doing just that. Also the frustrating "unknown USB device" is no longer present in your device manager. Hope we don't have to deal with this particular issue again.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

A new version of http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel® Proset Wireless Bluetooth Software is on its way and we expect it to solve the issue you have described.

0 Kudos
JCABR3
Beginner

Is Intel planning to release drivers for Mac OSX Maverick? I wish I could install this wireless card in a macbook.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

I'm not sure if this is the same problem you are having but for me a simple power cycle did the trick. I waster 2 hours doing install/uninstall but once i shutdown, pulled out the cable and restarted magically bluetooth loaded up the remaining drivers and started working!

I got the tips from this thread: (Big thanks to )

Give it a try and see if it helps.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
JSard1
Beginner

Same shit here.

Wireless signal drop and bluetooth not working!

Tried every driver including this last one

Version:17.0.1401.03

CMON INTEL YOU CAN DO BETTER!!!!!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Mikulik86, if you have an Intel® wireless adapter for laptop please contact your system manufacturer as previously instructed by Diego_Intel at the beginning of this thread.

PeterPC, there is a known issue with the USB cable of the Intel® Dual Band AC 7260 + Bluetooth adapter for Desktop, the D- and D+ cables are inverted. When installing the USB/Bluetooth cable on the motherboard USB header, rotate the USB connector side of the cable by 180 degrees from what is shown in the accompanying Intel® Wireless for Desktop Integration Guide. Bluetooth will now be functional with the card.

LWats
Novice

Has anyone on here considered that it might not be an issue with the intel drivers at work here? In my case, after reading you all play the blame and complain game and several unsuccessful uninstalls/reinstall attempts on my end, I figured it out.

In the end, the stock wireless controller driver was interfering with the intel drivers, which work perfectly fine. While this may not work for everyone, I strongly suggest trying more than 2 things before giving up. As for the intel reps babbling about OEM, yeah it's kinda demeaning and unhelpful, but without proper info they can't exactly offer you any kind of personalized or useful assistance.

My build:

ASUS r500vj

intel core 17-3630QM CPU @ 2.4GHZ

8gb DDR3 @ 1600

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Windows 7 ultimate

Problem: ASUS "Wireless Console 3" program interfering with intel "BT_3.1.1311_s64" BlueTooth Driver.

Solution: Uninstall ASUS "Wireless Console 3".

Hope this helps someone, or at least convinces them to try a few more things before losing hope.

JSoar3
Beginner

I wish I had of seen that some hours ago, any idea if that was what was causing the issues with the atheros card in the first place? I have G75VW Asus and also found that oem utility eg wireless console 3 was causing bluetooth device to totally disappear perhaps the issue is not an intel one. Once I uninstalled atheros drivers and utility software and also wireless console 3 bluetooth has been visible in device manager and has been stable since. If you are experiencing issues it may help to look for other utility software that could be turning off the adapter as was the case with my setup.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
PJaco1
Novice

The newest Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I desktop wireless/bluetooth pci-e board uses the Intel

AC 7260 module. The previous version Gigabyte GC-WB300D used an Atheros AR9462 module. I had a problem with the GC-WB300D drivers and was forced to remove it. The GC-WB867D-I card works fine with the drivers that accompanied the board. Just avoid the latest BT driver update. Thanks Jimsoar for the info regarding a software conflict with BT. If Intel releases another BT AC 7260 driver I may attempt an update again. For now however the previous driver (3.1.1307.0366) should continue to work properly.

0 Kudos
DHieb
Beginner

Bingo! Had installed 7260 card and drivers, couldn't get Bluetooth to work, save once until a restart, then nothing. Tried everything over a 2-hour period, gave up, found this thread today, uninstalled "Wireless Console 3" and all is well for me now. Appreciate the tip!

0 Kudos
PJaco1
Novice

I have recently installed a new Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I desktop wireless/bluetooth pci-e board that utilizes the Intel AC 7260 module. Using the enclosed driver disk I had no problems with either wi-fi or bluetooth. I did however go to the Intel website and use the automated driver update utility that identified newer drivers for both wi-fi and bluetooth. Wi-fi installed with no problems. Bluetooth however resulted in the loss of my bluetooth adapter in device manager. I had to uninstall bluetooth and use the original driver disk to reinstall the previous bluetooth drivers (3.1.1307.0366). Bluetooth is now working fine but I am reluctant to update to the latest driver version (3.1.1311) until Intel can straighten out the problem. I sure hope someone at Intel can remedy this issue or develop another driver that will correct the bluetooth problem.

0 Kudos
AKher
Beginner

Hi guys,

I just purchased this card to replace the abysmal Broadcom card that was preinstalled on my Sony laptop. I don't really use bluetooth that much but I'd hate to lose the functionality. What's the general consensus bluetooth functionality with this card? Which driver would you guys recommend?

0 Kudos
JSoar3
Beginner

BT_3.1.1311_e164.exe are the BT drivers I am using on win 7 64bit and the latest intel proset drivers. I have had absolutely no issues once I removed the asus wireless console software which was making the adapter disappear completely from device manager.

0 Kudos
PJaco1
Novice

I am currently using the latest Intel Wifi driver (16.10.0.5) but I am NOT using the latest Intel BT driver (3.1.1311). When I installed the 3.1.1311 update my BT disappeared from my device manager and became an unknown USB device. Rolling back to an earlier driver was difficult. Instead I am sticking with a previous Intel version (3.1.1307) that came with my card and works perfectly. The generic Microsoft BT drivers also seem to work. According to joe_intel (above) a new version of Intel Proset Wireless Bluetooth Software is on its way that should correct the BT issue. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
OK2
Beginner

+1 prjdmd for the solution of using an older driver. I updated my driver to the latest and bluetooth disappeared from Windows 8.1 on my NUC. System restore did not even get it working again, nor did uninstalling the latest driver software. After seeing prjdmd's post I found the earlier driver (3.1.1307) on Dell's site and installed it. Bluetooth has now been restored.

-1 Diego_Intel for playing the blame the user game.

0 Kudos