Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7645 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers

nice1488
Novice
I bought a LG 24V360 computer a while ago and a few days ago I formatted it for some problems, I installed the drivers but I can't find anything about Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers for Windows 10 and I found that it is discontinued, what can I do?
256 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have sent you a Private Messages (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages.

...S

P.S. You are the 85th user who has asked for these files since Jan. 6th.

Dave_the_Engineer

Hi Scott,

It worked for me! 

Thanks,

Dave_the_Engineer

0 Kudos
SAIKIRAN
Beginner
Hi, can u share that driver to me, i am also facing same problem.
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
OliThe
Beginner

Hi, you know what's next , I would like the file... I searched everywhere. you are my last chance. Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@SAIKIRAN@OliThe,

I have sent you a Private Messages (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages. Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 87th and 88th users who has asked for these files since Jan. 6th.

P.S. @SAIKIRAN - one post was enough. Your repeated posts, bordering on being SPAM, were not appreciated. Patience is a virtue that you don't seem to possess. I am a volunteer here and am not going to be available to respond at all hours of the day.

0 Kudos
JoeRisky
Beginner

Hi Scott, would you be so kind to make me your 89th or 90th person to share the driver package with please.  I found myself in the same boat this weekend and unable to update the driver.  Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
ElfaMetesar
Beginner

Hi, can you send me the file as well?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@JoeRisky@ElfaMetesar

I have sent you a Private Messages (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages. Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 90th and 91st users who has asked for these files since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@abuhar,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages. Check your Private Message Inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 97th user who has asked for these files since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Hesamz
Beginner

hi 

can i have wifi 3160  driver too ?

thank a lot 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Hesamz,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages. Check your Private Message Inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 98th user who has asked for these files since Jan. 6th.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@cpllinda,

...S

P.S. You are the 116th requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@energyx@Dabs and @Lwinters  

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are actually the 120th through 122nd requesters since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
energyx
Beginner

The Windows 10 driver installed, but it did not change the version in Windows 11 for my 3160. Still at 18.33.xxx from 2019. Thanks for sharing, though.

0 Kudos
Dabs
Beginner
Unfortunately, BT file didn't work for my Dell laptop it just booted my mouse off.
At the moment laptop connected through wifi extender but HP printer still won't print unless connected to laptop, no printing from mobile devices.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Per the release notes, 21.10.1 is the last package with support for the 7260 and 3160. The actual driver included in this package is 18.33.17.1, which it looks like you had already from your Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade. I would add that this driver is listed as supporting Windows 10; there is no indication of Windows 11 support. This doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work, but it also doesn't mean that it will (i.e. there was no validation so there is no guarantee). Such is what happens when discontinuation dates occur too close to O/S release dates.

I hope that you were asking for the update just to ensure that you have the latest (last) release and that it was actually working for you. If not, let us know what is going wrong and we will endeavor to sort out whether there is anything we can do about it.

...S

0 Kudos
energyx
Beginner

18.33.17.1 was installed by Windows 11 from Windows Update Optional Updates, so it would appear to still be available for download through that method. Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Roadie_SG@Art9245,

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 129th and 130th requesters since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
inuz
Beginner

I have a AC-3160 device. But I do not have AC-3160 drivers for windows10.

Therefore I can not connect WiFi6 Access Point. Please share driver package.

Thank you a lot.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@inuz,

...S

P.S. You are the 144th requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
inuz
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson

Thanks for the helpful advice!

I can connect to WiFi6 AP with AC-3160. 

0 Kudos