Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers

nice1488
Novice
I bought a LG 24V360 computer a while ago and a few days ago I formatted it for some problems, I installed the drivers but I can't find anything about Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers for Windows 10 and I found that it is discontinued, what can I do?
245 Replies
ecosky
Beginner

Thank you n_scott_pearson for your service to the community.

I also find myself needing the Windows 10 drivers for the Wireless-AC 3160, I hope you can help me out.

Intel, if you are listening, it is absurd to remove the download for this driver that people OBVIOUSLY need, as shown by this thread.

EDIT: I wound up installing a spare PCI WiFi card I happened to have around to avoid the entire issue. Not real happy about the end of support for this, but I'd rather use hardware that has active support.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
aiwa
Beginner

Please share with me as well.  18.33.13.4 and newer, per trying to resolve this issue, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054799/wireless.html

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@aiwa,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM). Check your PM Inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 160th requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Vorahut
Beginner
0 Kudos
Gabie
Beginner

I will be the millonth! If you could send me the file to update my driver I will so appreciate it, my work laptop cannot connect to the new router and I'm desperate.

Thank you very much in advance,

Gabie

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Vorahut,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM). Check your PM Inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 164th WLAN driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Alla_TAB
Beginner

Hi Scott (@n_scott_pearson),

would you be so kind to help me out with the same problem. I have missed to update the wlan driver for AC 3160.

Is it still possible for you?

Thank you and kind regards,

Alla

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Alla_TAB 

...S

P.S. You are the 176th requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
KatieJMI
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson I would be forever grateful if you could send this to me as well! I have been scouring the interwebs looking for this solution, which is my final attempt at getting my wifi connected to this PC.

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@KatieJMI,

Just for completeness:

...S

P.S. You are the 179th requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
BalaS
Beginner

Hello Scott, Can you share the driver link to me please? I have sent a PM to you. 

Thanks,

Bala

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@premasw and @BalaS,

...S

P.S. You are the 183rd and 184th WLAN driver requestors since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@NefertitiNant,

...S

P.S. You are the 190th WLAN driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@yuki36,

I have sent you a Private Messages (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages. Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 209th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

yuki36
Beginner
Hi scott,

Everything went well.
Thank you very much!

Yuki.
0 Kudos
이병근
Beginner

Hi Scott (@n_scott_pearson),

would you be so kind to help me out with the same problem. I have missed to update the wlan driver for AC 3160.

Is it still possible for you?

Thank you and kind regards.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@이병근,

I have sent you a Private Messages (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages. Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 216th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
IzzyT
Beginner

Good morning Scott, may I ask to be the appx 225th user to request a link for the 3160 driver as well. I would very much appreciate it as I thought I had save the driver elsewhere when reimaging the device for a friend. Alas, I did not.

Kudos to you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@IzzyT,

...S

P.S. You are the 220th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
shellye
Beginner

Hi Scott.  I am sorry to ask, can I get the file for the driver packages too?  My dell laptop won't connect to my new wifi 6 router unfortunately.  I hate to ask what number I am in the growing list of users who have requested this from you.  Thank you for your generosity!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@shellye,

...S

P.S. You are the 226th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos