Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 can sometimes not be started

emilia_86
Beginner

hey there,

my wifi adapter (intel dual band wireless ac 3165) can sometimes not be started (I have a medion E2225T MD 60669, windows 10).

by looking into events in the device manager oem19.inf has been configurated and following netwtw04 did not start, than netwtw04.inf has been configurated and netwtw04 did not start again, than oem19.inf has been configurated again and so on.. the problem output was 0xA and 0x15

perhaps it is not the problem, the problem, that the adapter couldn't be started, exists several years. Last week, I asked for problem solving in a pc repair station and yesterday, I fetched my notebook but it doesn't work, yet. first, we thought it may be a problem of windows version, but we re installed it and the driver was newer , too .. but the problem still occur. I returned now to an older version of driver 19.51.15.3 , I don't think, that it will change, because the problem occured by using different driver versions (begin in year 2017)

hey, crowd, any advices?

(my sister meant to have discovered, that the same problem occurs with the soundcard, I am not sure above, but it is an intel device, too)

greetings, emilia

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

emilia_86, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

When you said that the Intel® Wireless card does not start, what do you mean, could you please provide a detailed description of the problem?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
emilia_86
Beginner

thank you for your response :-),

first, my notebook is not new, but the problem occur since I bought it in 2017 and the wireless card is the original one.

actual, I got the windows 10 home version 2004 (build 19041.488) and I re-installed Windows several days ago.

the problem occurs not accordingly to a specific wireless network.

my detailed problem description:

- no internet connection exists anymore, and I cannot see possible networks in my environment, too

- by looking in the device manager, the wireless card is marked with a exclamation point and with the notice, that it couldn't start

i am not sure, is it a better description?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

emilia_86, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked for the proper drivers for your computer with E2225T MD 60669 but nothing is showing, it says the manufacturer of the Notebook is Medion, by any chance did you check with them to confirm which is the proper Wireless driver for your system and also if Windows* 10 is fully compatible with it and if they had a Wireless driver for that Operating System?

https://www.medion.com/us/contact.php

As an alternative, you can always try a clean installation of the Intel® Generic Wireless driver version: 21.90.3:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=89450

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello emilia_86, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello emilia_86, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos