Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
5739 Discussions

Intel Dual Bank Wireless-AC 8265 keeps failing

Snazzy
Beginner

I have a Lenovo A940  Yoga All in One that has the AC8265 installed.  The AC8265 keeps failing.  The drivers have been updated.  I keep control panel open and the 8426 randomly disappears.  I installed a WIFI booster in the house in case the signal was weak.  Finally I purchased a new laptop and there are no issues and they run side by side.

Is there a replacement part that can be purchased?  I have given up on trying to get support from Lenovo or Intel for the 8265

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

In most cases (you need to check with your laptop vendor), the Wireless-AC 8265 card can be replaced with an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 card (these cost approx. US$18; see here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TLBNSZQ). This will upgrade you with 2.4 Gb/s Wireless-AX, WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 support.

...S

Snazzy
Beginner

Thanks....just ordered one.  Will give it a try

Snazzy
Beginner

Thanks so much....worked like a charm!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Enjoy!

You should mark my original answer as the correct answer so that Intel Customer Support knows the issue is resolved.
...S