Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite - VLC Player nicht auswählbar und priorisierbar

g-star-men
Beginner

Hallo Zusammen,

habe ein neues Notebook mit Wi-Fi 6 AX1650. Leider gibt es folgendes Problem, was ich herausfinden konnte, wohl aber nur durch einen Programmierer gelöst werden kann.

Der o.g. Adapter kann ja nur mit der Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite genutzt werden. Leider ist es in dieser bei Version 3.1122.104.2 so, dass nicht erkannt wird, wenn man etwas über den VLC Player streamt. In der Priorisation Engine wird dieser nicht angezeigt, auch wenn man inaktive Anwendungen anzeigen lässt.

Zum konkreten Problem, läd man etwas über den Browser oder JDownloader herunter und öffnet dann den VLC Player um einen Stream vom Receiver zu schauen, stockt und ruckelt der Stream extrem. Selbst wenn man die Priorität des Browsers/Jdownloaders auf 6 setzt, läuft der Stream im VLC nicht ohne extreme Ruckler.

Das die Priorisation Engine den VLC Player gar nicht wahr nimmt, erkennt man auch daran, dass bei Download/Upload nichts angezeigt wird:

gstarmen_0-1642967325199.png

Als kurzer Gegenbeweis, dass es daran liegt, dass der VLC nicht auftaucht und nicht priorisierbar ist. Habe ich etwas herunter geladen (Browser/Jdownloader) und wollte über Youtube ein 4k Video schauen, ging dies auch nicht. Da Youtube aber als Programm erkannt wird, kann man dies mit 1 Priorisieren und den Browser/Jdownloader auf Prio 6 setzen. Dann läuft beides und teilt sich die Geschwindigkeit.

Ich bin mir sehr sehr sicher, dass das Problem lösbar ist, wenn Ihr den VLC Player als Prozess in der Killer Software erkennbar macht! Daher würde ich das Entwickler Team darum bitten.

Vielen Dank im Voraus.

VG

0 Kudos
20 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? 

4. Were you able to select the app with previous versions of the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite? If so, what was the version?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

thanks for your reply.

1. I'll try it when I'm back at home

2. the issue exists from the beginning. I've ordered a new Acer Predator Helios 5000

3. It is the original Adapter. No changings. For test purposes I've bought a external Wifi Adapter. With this all works fine. It's definitely a issue in cause of the missing choice for VLC Player /VLC Play plus

4. I've tried any earlier Versions. VLC Player isn't selectable

Best Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men,

I will wait for the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU), for now, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Have you tried a clean installation of the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite?

2. Can you share a picture or video where we can see the option that wants to select (using the external Wifi Adapter)?

3. Can you take a video o picture where we can see the issue (no external Wifi Adapter)? No option available and the streaming issues.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

sorry for the long delay for Intel SSU File. I'll take it at the evening and will post it here.

1.) Yes, I've tried this and take a clean installation

2.) I don't understand what you mean? With external Adapter I don't use Killer Software and deinstall it. Other Adapters don't need any priorisation and do it automaticly. So I can't you show a picture, but I could tell you it works without freezing VLC Player if I download something else to the same time

3.) I can take a picture at the evining. But what will you see on this? That VLC Player isn't choichalble in the Killersoftware?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

here the SSU File you've asked for.

Also the picture with the missing VLC Player:

gstarmen_0-1643307707216.png

You can see - VLC isn't recognized from Killer Software. If it would recognized you could find it between ,,Überpüfung der'' and ,,Welcome to Steam''.

Kind Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

Thanks for the information provided. I will review this issue internally and as soon as I have datils for you I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men,

Thanks for your patience.

We have tried to replicate the issue with an Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w latest Killer driver 22.100.1.1 and latest Killer Intelligence center version 3.1122.104.2 and we were able to get the VLC Player to the list of priority in the Intel® Killer™ intelligence (see picture attached).

I would like to compare results, Can you share the exact steps you are performing when streaming to see if that changes the behavior of the console?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

thanks a lot for your effort. In the meantime I was also able to get the VLC Player to the list of priority. I've copy a link from youtube and after this I paste it for streaming in VLC. Since this moment it was possible to choose VLC and his priority.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve my main problem. It means if I streaming something from my Linux Receiver (Gigablue) for example Sky Bundesliga (or any other channel) Killer Software doesn'T recognize the downstream and the stream freezes if i download something else.

I've found a solution for me - but the only way is to not use the Killer Software. It means I finish the Killer Software in task manager and in addition I have to deactivate the services Killer Analytics Service and Killer Network Service.

After this I can download and streaming with fullspeed without freezing the stream.

So its definitely a problem with the Killer Software.

Even if i found a solution for my problem I would be very glad if you find a fix for your Killer Software and the Priorization Managment.

Thanks again and Kind Regards

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

I am glad to know that you are able to add the VLC player to the list of priorities. As per the issue with the download, allow me to check this further.

I will post back with any findings or details. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

We have released a new version of the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite (3.1122.183), please try this version and let me know if the issue persists.

Also, in order for me to understand this issue better can you provide step by step, details, and screenshots on how you are doing this setup.

1. How are you connecting the Linux Receiver (Gigablue) to the computer?

2. How can you stream through this device to the computer?

3. Is the device wirelessly or HDMI?

4. Once it is connected, do you see what you get from the receiver on the computer?

5. when you launch the killer app the issues shows up?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

thanks for the link for the new version. Unfortunately problem persists with this version of Killer Software too.

1.) Gigablue Receiver is connected via W-Lan to my Fritzbox7590. My Laptop is also connected via W-Lan. But it isn't a connection issue. You can see that on that fact, that stream is working if i close Killer Software.

2.) On Laptop I open the IP Adress of Gigablue on Firefox/Edge Browser. The Linux platform of receiver is called OpenWebif. There I can reach the channel list and download any chanel as m3u8 file. Then I can open this file with VLC Player or VLC Player Plus

3.) Receiver is connected via HDMI to my TV and via W-Lan to the Router.

4.) I don't understand the question right. Are you meaning if I can see the TV Chanel if I streaming? Then I could answer it whit yes. That is the problem I describe. If Killer Software is running then the Stream stocks and freez. Is Killer Software closed all works fine. 

Killer Software doesn't recognize any network traffic while streaming:

gstarmen_0-1643973635108.png

5.) There isn't any error or message when I open Killer Software.

Many thanks for your effort and for your interes to solve the problem.

Kind regards from Germany.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

I do appreciate the detailed infomation provided, I will review this behavior internally and if I need more details or if I have any news I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

Based on the investigation performed, try to access the settings from the fritzbox and confirm that roaming settings are disabled. It may also be labeled as 802.11r. 

This setting can cause problems with the prioritization engine. If they are able, change out the fritzbox with a different router and test again.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner
Hello DeividA_Intel,

thanks for your reply after this time. To be earnest - I`m not sure whats you mean. In my fritzbox 7590 with firmware 7.29 no point roaming or 802.11r is existing.
Does it mean the automatic toogle between 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz net? If you mean this I know to deactivate it.

Best regards
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

Thanks for the additional information. In this case, before we continue further, can you let me know if you notice any improvement when you deactivate the "toogle" between 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz net?

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men,   

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello g-star-men,  

In this case and based on all the steps performed, I recommend you check this behavior with Fritzbox for further configuration and instructions.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
g-star-men
Beginner

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

I found another solution without touching the toggle on Fritzbox. It reaches if you choose on the preferences of Killer Wifi Adapter the prefered Bandwith to 5 GHZ. I can confirm problem is solved with this way and the problem depends on automatically frequency changes between 2.4 and 5.0 GHZ.

Thanks for your supporting!

Best Regards

0 Kudos