Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite fails to install - interrupted

KevinMcNeill
Novice

Can you help?

A new update notice appeared today (01/05/2022) from Intel Driver Support Assistant. I tried to install. Install failed.

I tried several times to load the latest Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite Version: 3.1121.1159. A few minutes into the install it fails. The previous revisions load and runs fine.

Here is the error code from the install log.

DIFXAPP: INFO: RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE000024B)
DIFXAPP: ERROR: encountered while installing driver package 'C:\Program Files\Killer Networking\Killer Control Center\Production\Windows11-x64\E3100\e2fn.inf'
DIFXAPP: ERROR: InstallDriverPackages failed with error 0xE000024B

1 Solution
mattferreira
Novice

Through Trial and Error (AKA Troubleshooting) the custom installation option I have determined the issue is with the E3100 Drivers Only. All other drivers and applications in the package install as expected. 

The log for the failure of this lone drive is 2684 lines - Same error as above from multiple folks. Generic google results indicate this is a signed driver issue...

Support is telling me it's an issue with uninstalling, which is incorrect. Still working with them 

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Reaper0983
New Contributor I

Even the newest version they put up still has the same error.  removing the 3xxx drivers fixes it as before.  So I am not sure what exactly they changed but it did not have any effect at all.   Back to the drawing board perhaps??

0 Kudos
MRGENOUX
Beginner

Hi!

I am happy to report that, yes, Intel Drivers and Support Assistant finally pushed the new package version 3.1122.182, and it worked with the standard installation!

But I am somewhat surprised to observe that:

1. the driver for Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller is the version 9.0.0.42 provided by Microsoft and dated 14/09/2016 (a bit old, isn't it?) ; it isn't checked with the green tick in the IDSA report.
  2. the driver for is the version 22.100.1.1 provided by Intel and dated 30/11/2021 ; it is checked with the green tick in the IDSA report.
  3. No new upgrade is proposed by Intel Drivers and Support Assistant.

Does it mean that the upgrade for Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller didn't work properly?

Kind regards,

Philippe

0 Kudos
tns49
Novice

See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

You'll see it mentions there is no updated driver for E2500.  That being said my driver is 9.0.0.50 date 1/14/2020.  Note that I believe I may have installed that from the Rivet networks site before the drivers started to come from the Intel site.

0 Kudos
mattferreira
Novice

My support ticket was resolved with the new package, but as others have noted :

D&SA doesn't detect this because the driver version (for E2500 & E2600) did not change. I didn't download the change log so I don't know if it had previously. I would imagine for a quick fix they rolled back the driver version so they could package the signed drivers and get the package out the door "now" and will push another update in a month or two with the new version (Hopefully tested on a non-dev machine

0 Kudos
ddbbmm1999
Beginner

Apologies if double posted.  Could you guys teach me to run the installer package in "custom" mode?  I don't know how to access anything but the default install...and I can't get it to complete due to the lack of cert requirement.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos