Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel NIC 8265 wireless WiFi on Linux

SAbed
Beginner

Hello; I’m new to work with wireless card … I have 8265 WiFi card and I need detailed steps to turn or install the card on Ubuntu 18.04 from Linux … wait for the answer please … thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for Intel NUCs. What is your NUC model number?

For linux support, visit linux.org

Doc

0 Kudos
SAbed
Beginner

No , I was attached the card on Jetson nano !

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SAbed

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are trying to integrate an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 into an NVIDIA® Jetson Nano Developer Kit. It seems that you are developing a custom build. In this case, we would like to recommend you checking our Developer Zone Community, an official source for Developing on Intel® Hardware and Software.

Intel® Developer Zone 

https://software.intel.com/en-us

Registration Intel® Developer Zone

https://software.intel.com/registration/

Also, for inquiries regarding hardware integration, we recommend contacting your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) NVIDIA® for further instructions and compatibility support. Installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapters to be certified with the antenna that is intended to be used together in the system, while some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapter to be certified at the full system level. For more information please refer to Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Additionally, regarding Linux drivers, we support issues related to the download and installation of software only. For general questions about Intel Wi-Fi on Linux, please email linuxwifi@intel.com.

To report a bug or issue, follow the guidance on the bugs and support page. For information and a list of Linux drivers available for Wireless Adapters please refer to the following link:

Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters

You may also address Linux-based driver inquiries to your Linux distro forum.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos