Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 problems

young9
Beginner

I've been having poor Wi-Fi issues lately on my Windows 10 PC. It shows that I'm still connected to my network, but I don't have any internet connection. When I troubleshoot the problem, it resets my Wi-Fi adapter and temporarily fixes it. Then it just repeats itself, sometimes only a few minutes later, and I have to troubleshoot and reset the adapter again.

I've tried any solutions I can find. I've disabled and re-enabled the adapter. I've uninstalled the adapter in the device manager and restarted. I've manually updated to the latest driver. I did a network reset. I followed a couple videos and inputted several reset commands into the Command Prompt. Nothing has permanently solved the issue.

None of the other PCs in my household have this issue, and my phone is also fine.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

young9, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
young9
Beginner

My motherboard is an Acer Aspire GX-785(KBL).

It's not a laptop, though it is a wireless network connection.

The router is an Arris TM1602.

The computer is a few years old.

Reasonably fine. There were occasional connection issues here and there, but recently I'm now having problems multiple times every day.

No hardware changes. I don't particularly pay attention to the automatic Windows updates though.

It came pre-built into my PC.

Not sure on exact date, but within the past week it started getting noticeably frequent.

Not sure if this is the right thing, but it's a Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900)

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

young9, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Acer's web site and the latest Wireless driver available for your platform is version 19.51.0.4, try to install that driver and once you get the chance please let us know the results:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/7129;-;

If the problem persists, please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
young9
Beginner

I am unable to use the driver's exe. installer because my adapter already has a newer version.

I've tried rolling back the driver, but the earliest version seems to be 19.51.8.3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello young9, Thank you very much for sharing those updates, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

Please provide the SSU report so we can do further research on this matter:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello young9, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello young9, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Whard
Beginner

I find it hard to believe the response you provide to young9.

I have had a few employees under me in the day. My first little talk with anyone joining my team  was, “if you can’t dazzle with brilliance”, “do not try dazzle me with bull**bleep**”, because I will fire you on the spot. Guess where you be right now…!  

0 Kudos