Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7500 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz (Netwtw12) error internet connection drop on 5ghz

Smooth
New Contributor I

I've read multiple threads and there are people who have the same problem.

Intel said the issue would be fixed in the latest driver, 22.230.0.0, but the issue has not been fixed at all.

What's even more serious is that the Windows Event Viewer gets an error with ID 6062 every time it catches the WIFI.

In addition, when operating a wireless display such as Microsoft Miracast in the 5GHZ (802.11ac) band, there is a connection delay or drop.

I've seen a lot of solutions. This has not been resolved.

I tried to change the 801.11ac band of the router to ax, but only the ac band existed in the router's band.

I adjusted the channel width from 80mhz to 160mhz, but this hasn't been resolved either.

Intel needs to solve this problem quickly.
Because it's not just my problem, but a serious problem that many people are experiencing.

By the way, I took this laptop to the service center and it was judged that there was no problem with the hardware.

If you see this post, please let me know what I have to do.

1 Solution
Smooth
New Contributor I

Hello, everyone.

I'm here to tell you a happy news.

Installing the latest release of Intel wireless driver 22.240.0.6 does not cause disconnection.

The connection was constantly disconnected and the Event Viewer experienced 5002, 5005 errors, but after installing the driver, there was no error at all and no disconnection occurred.

I've finally solved this problem and I think it can help people who are experiencing the same problem as me.

On the other hand, when users complain of the same problem, you should not send us to the manufacturer (OEM), but to see if there are any driver problems.

Intel Technical Counselor sent me to Microsoft but it was a driver issue in the end.

Thank you for reading the long article.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Smooth, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Was the Intel® card working fine before without the internet connection dropping on 5ghz?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

1. The model number of my laptop is NT960XFT-A51AG made by Samsung.

2. I'm not sure about the model name of the motherboard, what's for sure is that the CPU is i5-1340P, and the motherboard is equipped with an Intel wireless AX211.

3. I'm not sure if it worked correctly before, there was a problem when I connected to my Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab s8+) to use a feature called second screen supported by Samsung

This function is to transfer the screen on the monitor to the Galaxy Tab. (Wireless display function)

4. I don't know when it started, all I can tell is that when there was a functional problem above, I checked the event log on Windows and it's causing an event id 6062 error every time my laptop gets Wi-Fi.

5. The wireless card seems to be on the laptop.

6. windows 11 home 22H2(OS Build 22621.1848)

7. I picked up my laptop with this issue and got checked at the service center, but the service center didn't show this issue (the center couldn't check the event log and I don't know if the netwtw12 issue occurred).

Unfortunately, this problem seems to occur in my house. (Guessing)
I am attaching a log that can be helpful to you.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

2. I'm not sure about the model name of the motherboard, what's for sure is that the CPU is i5-1340P, and the motherboard is equipped with an Intel wireless AX211.

3. I'm not sure if it worked correctly before, there was a problem when I connected to my Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab s8+) to use a feature called second screen supported by Samsung

This function is to transfer the screen on the monitor to the Galaxy Tab. (Wireless display function)

4. I don't know when it started, all I can tell is that when there was a functional problem above, I checked the event log on Windows and it's causing an event id 6062 error every time my laptop gets Wi-Fi.

6. windows 11 home 22H2(OS Build 22621.1848).

7. I picked up my laptop with this issue and got checked at the service center, but the service center didn't show this issue (the center couldn't check the event log and I don't know if the netwtw12 issue occurred).

I don't know if it'll help you, but let me explain a few more things first, my laptop's wireless driver is 22.240.0.4. (The latest driver supported by Samsung) This is because the latest driver 22.230.0.0 provided by Intel also had a problem, so I kept the version as the driver provided by Samsung.

Second, if the second screen (wireless display) function is not functioning properly, the event log continues to display 5002, 5005, 7018 errors.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

I don't know if it'll help you, but let me explain a few more things first, my laptop's wireless driver is 22.240.0.4. (The latest driver supported by Samsung) This is because the latest driver 22.230.0.0 provided by Intel also had a problem, so I kept the version as the driver provided by Samsung.

Second, if the second screen (wireless display) function is not functioning properly, the event log continues to display 5002, 5005, 7018 errors.

EDIT:
My first comment has been lost, so I'm going to consolidate the comments.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

EDIT:

Please let me know if the administrator is deleting this.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

I wrote the problem as Alberto_R_Intel said, and attached the ssu report For some reason, the comment containing the problem has been deleted.

This only makes me think that Intel, and Samsung, are trying to hide their problems in part.

I was wondering if it was my problem, but it keeps getting deleted, I was sent a comment on email and the comment was deleted immediately.

Jake_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Smooth. The replies were in the automatic spam filter and have been pushed through it.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

EDIT:

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

Warning, do not delete this comment. If you delete this I will take a video of this and post it in another community.
If there is another reason, please let me know the reason by email or message.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Smooth, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the details shown in the SSU document, the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 22.220.0.4.

For this scenario, it is important to mention that it is always recommended to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on the Samsung website and it seems they actually have a package of drivers that might contain a driver version different from the one being used, for you to install. Please follow the instructions in the link below to update the drivers:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083923/

Additionally, if the problem you described is related specifically to Intel® Wireless Display, please verify the details in the following link regarding the support we provide for that feature. If you are using a different tool for Wireless Display, please let us know the name of that application:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000014932/emerging-technologies.html

Since the issue remains after installing the latest Intel® driver version 22.230.0, we then also recommended to get in contact directly with Samsung Support to check if there is a wireless driver version they recommend for your laptop and also to make sure that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your device, or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

Don't send me to OEM, this is Intel's problem.
Because you have to understand that there are a lot of people who go through the same error.

BIOS Version : American Megatrends International LLC. P06RGU.290.230330.ZQ (03/30/2023).

I installed Samsung update and checked that the BIOS update and wireless LAN driver is up to date. This is also confirmed by the engineer at the service center.

In addition, 6062 errors in the Event Viewer are found to occur frequently when Wi-Fi is connected, and 5002, 5005 errors are rare.

You can get the name of the application by typing Samsung second screen in the Windows Store I don't know if this is related to a technology called intel WDDI.

However, I also put a question in Samsung and heard that the relevant engineer is checking the problem through the error collector supported by Samsung.

And the other thing is that this problem doesn't happen only at home, it happens when I have Wi-Fi at my university.

Also, I will try to update it when you release an improved driver.

OleksiiP
Beginner

@Smooth, you are so right! That 6062 happens for all kind of machines with Intel WiFi hardware.

I had to figgure it by going through all forums and topics trying to solve exactly the same issue for my new ASUS Zenbook s13 10 month after your conversation here.

All kind of drivers below does not solve the issue.

OEM recommended driver 22.220.04

Latest Intel driver 23.40.0.4

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Smooth, Thank you very much for your response.

We will now do further research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Smooth, I just received an update on this matter.

In reference to Wireless Display, as you can confirm in the link below, Intel customer support no longer accepts or support customer contacts for Intel WiDi:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021693/emerging-technologies.html

Additionally, while we are still working on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm:

-Do you have the option to test a different router AX capable? 

-Does the same dropping issue happen on different networks?

-Where did you see the upcoming fix in this driver release?

-Is this drop happening only when using WIDI?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

It has been confirmed that the router at home and the university router support wifi5-802.11(ac) and not wifi6.

(Checked in Windows wifi settings)

Also, I remember that the guest router at the Samsung service center was WIFI5-802.11(AC), and the service center does not remember if there was an error in the event viewer, but the Samsung second screen (wireless display) did not stop or disconnect (the problem was not reproduced)

Also, my router at home supports additional options such as (b+g+ac) in addition to the ac settings, but not the ax-only option.

As I said before, I tested three locations on the basis of WiFi5 (ac) and found disconnection at home and at university

What they have in common is that the Event Viewer displays a 6062 error when connecting to Wi-Fi, and errors such as 5002, 5005 occur when disconnection occurs continuously.

I don't know why, but the problem was not reproduced in the Samsung service center of the same WiFi5 router.

The service center engineer also said it could be a router problem.

However, I think there is also a problem with Intel that most routers are disconnected.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6E-AX211-160MHz-Errors/m-p/1478620

I looked up the data and it doesn't seem like it's only happening in 5ghz.
This also happens in 2.4ghz.

I'm thinking this is a terrible Intel bug that hasn't been fixed for months.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6E-AX211-160MHz-Netwtw12-error-internet-connection/m-p/1495303

I read it again and it says 22.230.0.0 is recommended, but it doesn't say it's been resolved. This is my mistake.

I read that Intel WIDI is a technology that no longer supports and is integrated with Microsoft Miracast Samsung second screen is also believed to be using Microsoft Miracast.

But what I can say is that I sent the information about the error to Samsung support team and also sent the error log about it.

Given that the error log folder name starts with MiracastTrace... I can say I'm using Miracast technology.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Smooth, Thank you very much for confirming those details.

Based on the information you just shared, since the dropping Internet connection only happens when using WIDI and taking into consideration that you are working with Miracast, then the next thing to do, will be to get in contact directly with Microsoft Support for them to further assist you with this topic since this feature is natively supported in Windows* 10 and 8.1, they should be able to provide additional technical support on this subject:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

I submitted the same question to Samsung and Samsung told me that I needed a log of the error. Samsung informed me of the order of collecting errors and collected errors in order and submitted logs for errors to Samsung.

Also, the log starts with "MiracastTrace..." as I said before, and I guess Microsoft and Samsung are linked.

If I get an answer from Samsung, I will post a related response on this thread.

And it's not a matter of disconnecting while using Intel WDDI technology.

To be exact, "When I connect Wi-Fi to my laptop (auto or manual), I get a 6062 error in the event viewer, and when I move the YouTube window on my laptop to my tablet through the Samsung second screen, I get disconnected or connected drops after a few seconds, and then I check the event viewer and I get a myriad of 5002,5005 logs."

I want to say something to Intel.

I understand that there are various scenarios in the problem and that it is not just Intel's problem. Intel should check the wireless drivers for errors. I understand that Intel is unable to respond to errors on various computers.
However, if you look for threads about the same error for Intel AX211 netwtw12 (6002, 5005, 5002) on various computers, you'll see that there are many.
Therefore, I think there will be a problem with the Intel wireless driver, and I think Intel should find and fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

Hello, I received an answer from Samsung

Basically, based on the logs I sent from Samsung, Samsung was unable to reproduce this issue, so I collected the issue with the Intel Wireless FeedBackTool that Samsung gave me and I have to reply to Samsung again.

Intel also seems to be beginning to recognize this problem.

I have to forward this link to Samsung as well and I will forward the log to the Intel support team here.

The log for this issue is located in the zip file of the link below.

error log-link : https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/629HX1SXPIv6

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

Additional Information:

I repeated the log collection about 4 times and marked the part where the problem occurred.

I compared the log collected earlier with the most accurate mark.

As a result, we found the same duplicate error when the video is disconnected or delayed.

WRT ERROR [:0 RouterDllClient::ExchangeHandlersWithPipeClient] Couldn't find DLL DLL 'IntelIHVPipeClient.dll'을(를) 로드할 수 없습니다. 지정된 모듈을 찾을 수 없습니다. (예외가 발생한 HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

WRT DEBUG [:0 RouterDllClient::ExchangeHandlersWithPipeClient] ExchangeHandlersWithPipeClient

I don't know if this is the cause of the bug. Attached is a link to the log for analysis by Intel Technical Support.

error-log-link : https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/aAP7yoP5ZwJF

0 Kudos
Smooth
New Contributor I

Is this being fixed?

I'm curious about the progress.

This is not an error that I am the only one experiencing. There are users who use the same laptop.
(Three people are using the same laptop and all have the same error)

Netwtw12, vwifibus.. Multiple errors are the same.

So let me put the problem here.

1. The problem is that the Wi-Fi is not working for a few seconds when starting the laptop

2. WIFI 6Ghz band Wi-Fi failure

3. A problem that causes disconnection when the network is under load.

4. Error on Samsung second screen (I guess it's an error caused by number 3)

I would like to ask you about the progress of Intel's bug fix for the above scenario.