Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz (Netwtw12) error internet connection drop on 5ghz

SpaceChrome22
New Contributor I

I have issues with this wireless adapter (Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz) I have a custom built Desktop with a PRO-Z690-A-WIFI-DDR4 Motherboard, I7 12700k CPU, DDR4 32gb and a RTX 4070ti on a install of windows 11 

THE ERROR

(The description for Event ID 5007 from source netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer

if the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. 

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP14

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table)

The problem with the AX211 is it drops out on the 5ghz mode when under load such as downloading ,speed test or gaming with a netwtw12 cannot be found in the event viewer. I have tried all the drivers from motherboard manufacture and even drivers from intel none of them resolve the issue. With the latest driver the netwtw10 error does not occur only the netwtw12 does. If I use a older driver it gives the netwtw10 but not the netwtw12 either way I get constant 5ghz drops and loose connection completely even on a clean install of windows 11 this doesn't fix the issue please fix had this issue since late 2022.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Zonearc
Beginner

I don't have a cable modem. I have ethernet to the house. It's connected directly to my Eero Gateway. This isn't a double NAT, multiple APs type of issue. 

Also, the AX211 in my laptop has issues with other APs. It's a laptop ... I take it to hotels, convention centers, etc. If it's 6E, it disconnects constantly. If you go to google and type in AX210 and AX211 wifi disconnects, you'll see HUNDREDS of issues across owners since 2021. This is a KNOWN issue where drivers after 22.45.X.X have broke connectivity. 

0 Kudos
CatCat
Beginner

Hi @SpaceChrome22 

I too was having the same issue and was plagued with Netwtw12 and Netwtw10 in the event viewer regarding my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz. I was getting continuous drops every couple of minutes - I had tried numerous things

Re-installing Windows 11 on 3 different occasions - issue persists

Updated drivers directly from Intel to the latest version - 22.250.1.2 - issue persists (even worse)

Filtering through endless forums on the internet to no avail.

It seemed to work alot better when using the older driver version of 22.230.0.8 and sometimes I could get a good 10 mins out of it before it dropped off again. If I updated to the 22.250.1.2 - instant drops every 1 or 2 minutes. I for the life of me could not figure out why and thought it must be a faulty Wi-Fi card but I still wasn't convinced.

After trialing and failing on all fronts, I decided to check my Netgear router AX6000 WiFi Router (RAX80)
and found that Smart connect was enabled. This means that it was just jumping from one band to the other constantly hence the network drops.

CatCat_0-1698538135004.png

After disabling this setting and restarting the router - I was no longer seeings any Netwtw12 or Netwtw10 errors. I left it for a good hour and never had a drop (still using driver version 22.230.0.8). I then installed the latest driver 22.250.1.2 which was always causing issues for me and is now working seamlessly. I have not had any drops at all and am successfully connected to the 5GHz band with no issues.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Good to hear you got it sorted out, it was a router configuration issue.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Ennemy
Beginner

Hi SpaceChrome 

I read all the previous messages and i think i got the same errors as you. 
Did you fix it ? It's kind of annoying. I got the same Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz and I have the same drop as you and sometimes it even disconect. 
My best regards
PS: You can find my ssu file under this message 

0 Kudos
Oscillate
Beginner

Also been having this issue on with the AX210 for the past few months. Tried everything from a fresh install of windows to older drivers and the latest however I'm still having disconnects. Nothing seems to work and it seems to be a common issue that still hasn't been resolved. As soon as I toggle the WIFI off and back on again in windows it connects instantly again.

0 Kudos
ico31
Beginner
0 Kudos