Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi AX201 160Mhz not connecting to 5ghz

Ashton
Beginner

So basically, I have the Intel AX201 network driver as stated in the title, I use the 2.4ghz mainly and have a good connection with it but it's obvious that the 5ghz will be much faster, I have tried some solutions but none have worked and was wondering if anyone can help me on this issue.

I use Windows 11 Home as well, I can connect to the 5ghz sometimes for example i can shut off and turn on my laptop and boom I will be randomly connected to the 5G and it works as expected but sometimes I simply cant connect so I know my device is 5ghz capable but I am unsure why it keeps rotating from 2.4ghz only then to being able to connect to the 5ghz.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel

Thanks for your response, I am sorry to hear that your issue persists.

Since we tried using the OEM driver and the issue persists, we can try and do a clean installation of the wireless adapter installing the latest driver from Intel. Keep in mind that installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from the OEM. The steps for the clean installation of the wireless driver are the following:

• Download and save the driver version 22.110.1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

• Disconnect the unit to the internet.
  • Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand the Network Adapters category.

3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

• Restart your computer.
  • Install the driver downloaded before
  • Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. For additional information refer to the video above.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

13 Replies
EngHosam
Novice

@Ashton 

Hi,

win 10 disconnect from wifi if there is no internet connection or dropped my win10 do this and i can't disable this feature

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ashton

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

In order to have a better comprehension of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is your laptop's make and model?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • What is the driver version installed on your system?
  • What Operating System version are you using?
  • Are other devices capable to connect to the 5ghz network?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Which troubleshooting steps have you tried to solve this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Ashton
Beginner

Hi jean.

1. Dell G15 5511
2. As soon as I got my laptop, I was unable to connect to 5ghz
3. 22.110.1.1
4. Windows 11 
5. All other devices are capable of connection to 5ghz besides mine
6. Any 5ghz network I cannot connect too.
7. Pre-installed
8. I have tried to update the driver, I have tried to uninstall and re-installed, I've set the wireless mode to both 802.11ac and ax neither worked. 

Keep in mind I am indeed able to connect, the situation is strange as I can connect randomly sometimes but sometimes I can just never seem to be able to connect to the 5ghz.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ashton

Thanks for your response, the information you provide me with has been useful.

Regarding the information you mentioned, I noticed that you are using the latest Intel driver, however, keep in mind that this driver is considered a generic driver, and the best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers. My recommendation is to install the latest OEM driver available, which is version 22.100.0.3, you can install the driver file on the Dell Website for your unit (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/g-series-15-5511-laptop/drivers)

I hope you find this information useful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Ashton
Beginner

Can you send a screenshot of the exact driver you want me to download?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ashton

Thanks for your response.

Regarding your request, the driver you should install is driver 22.100.0.3, which is under the option Intel AX211/AX210/AX200/AX201/9260/9560/9462 Wi-Fi UWD Driver. As you requested, here is attached a screenshot for the driver option.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ashton
Beginner

Thanks for the assist, I downloaded the driver but will be occupied tommorrow, when I have the time I will update you on if this worked.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ashton.

Thanks for your response.

It’s nothing to bother about once you have information regarding your issue let me know.

I will be following up with you in case I do not hear from you back in some days.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Ashton
Beginner

Hi, Sorry, this did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Thanks for your response, I am sorry to hear that your issue persists.

Since we tried using the OEM driver and the issue persists, we can try and do a clean installation of the wireless adapter installing the latest driver from Intel. Keep in mind that installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from the OEM. The steps for the clean installation of the wireless driver are the following:

• Download and save the driver version 22.110.1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

• Disconnect the unit to the internet.
  • Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand the Network Adapters category.

3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

• Restart your computer.
  • Install the driver downloaded before
  • Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. For additional information refer to the video above.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Ashton
Beginner

Thank you very much Jean, this did indeed work. I will accept it as the solution.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ashton

Hope you are doing fine

Were you able to check and try the suggestion from the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ashton

I'm glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos