Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz very low signal

wojtek4815
Beginner

Hi,
I have a problem with my AC 9560. I'm currently using MPG Z390 Gaming Plus mainboard. The wifi card is properly installed  in the slot. Windows detects AC 9560, everything seems fine but...
AC9560 doesn't detect any network which is farer than 0.3 m. How do I know? Because I've made a hotspot with my phone and placed it next to the computer. AC9560 detected that signal and Windows displayed my hotspot.
The question is - what is wrong with AC9560's signal range? My phone detects at least five networks with a strong signal around.
I've installed almost every drivers I could find on the internet. I unistalled the card several times.
Please help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sounds to me like you have a bad set of antennas or antenna connections. The reception is just fine with good antennas and verified connections to these antennas. Yes, it is possible to have a bad module, but this is pretty rare.

...S

0 Kudos
wojtek4815
Beginner

Omg. I've just realised that I acutally need to plug this card to some kind of antennas...
What kind of cables and antennas do I need? I've bought this card without any addons. 
The module has two outputs: main and aux. What should I do?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It depends upon what kind of antennas you need,

• If you want antennas that are external to the PC, you need cables that go from the card to the PC exterior and then provide point to attach antennas. Here is an example of a kit for this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TZM5ZHZ.
  • If you want antennas that are inside of the PC (hint: not as good, IMHO), you need a kit like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DB6ZG3B.

Hope this helps; this can be daunting for the, um, uninitiated.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Oh, BTW (if it wasn't obvious), to support using the multiple Wireless bands and Bluetooth all at the same time, you need separate antennas connected to the MAIN and AUX connectors. The example kits I pointed out have the two antennas that you need.

...S

0 Kudos
wojtek4815
Beginner

Thanks! I've already ordered the kit! I hope that this will filx my problems!
Thanks again!

0 Kudos