Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 will auto reset and goto to error code(10) state

yxush
Beginner

My MSI GS65 laptop have bought 2018 and I have replace its original Killer 1550 to 9560NGW on it. But when I use it about a month, it often encounter an internal error and has failed.

When it reset, I open Event Viewers, and click System tab, it show how 9560 crash.

Annotation 2020-04-25 181130.png

I have post the event in the attachment. I think it must be some driver problem, and it try to restart but failed for three times, but not work.

I have updated my bios and any ec, and any other driver, and I have no windows update these time, I have reinstall my networking WI-driver.

Can any one help me to solove this problem? Actually, when I use killer 1550(which is 9560NGW inside) last year and have the same problem and I have ask killer many time and can not fix this problem. And I have sent my laptop to system vender and they can not find any problem too. So I think it must be some strange thing in my workround

0 Kudos
33 Replies
yxush
Beginner

The system have stored some critical information that I can not refresh to factory defaults or fresh OS installation.

And please don`t let me do that, I think Intel should have any other practical way to solve this problem, get the log on my pc or something else.

Last year when I use Killer 1550i whose core is the same as 9560AC, have the same problem, I have sent my laptop to factory and they reset my pc to the factory default but no help. I have re-installed windows myself too. But the problem still exist.

I am an software developer. From my aspect, this is not a system problem, it is the problem that the driver have some incompatible thing with my mother board. Because my bluetooth is ok, it is in the same chip with wifi.

I think we need some evidence to prove it. I don`t want to refresh my system over and over, which is no help for this problem

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @yxush​ 

1. I understand your frustration and I agree with what you have written in your last post. I would only add that I don't think that reinstalling Windows will fix this problem, since you have performed An in Place Upgrade as I've suggested in my post above https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006wFXUSA2 . Performing such upgrade is equivalent of reinstalling Windows, but without reinstalling your application and data.
  2. Did you send your question to the laptop manufacturer, which actually is responsible for the integration of the WiFi adapter with your laptop?

Leon

0 Kudos
yxush
Beginner

Thanks LWAKSMAN, I have send my laptop back too the factory, they have replace my wifi-bluetooth chip last time and told me the card have no problem

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello yxush, 

Based on the troubleshooting performed and the information provided about your system configuration, the best course of action is to contact your computer vendor to continue working on this issue. 

Since your computer originally came with another wireless adapter, your computer vendor may provide further recommendations about the card your computer should be using and how to configure the computer with another wireless card.

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated.

We will close this case. If you need further assistance with other inquiries, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
yxush
Beginner

@AlbertR_Intel​ Can I reopen this subject here?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello yxush, 

Please let us know how we can help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
yxush
Beginner

Do Intel have any debug tool for us customer to detect any problem?

0 Kudos
yxush
Beginner

Do Intel have any debug tool for us customer to detect any problem?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello yxush, 

Could you please let us know if you are referring to wireless problems or any other problem?

Are you experiencing a different issue at this moment? Could you please provide a detailed description?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello yxush,

Thank you for the update.

We would like to confirm that we have no knowledge of a tool provided by Intel to troubleshoot these types of issues.

The issue you are experiencing on the other thread seems to be related to the wireless integration you performed on the computer. If you have tested the latest drivers, and clean install the OS, then we recommend that you check the health of the hardware.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
yxush
Beginner

I re-check my issue, I found that I no need to hit that D surface of my laptop, just sleep and restart and re-install the driver), it will be ok.

I must say you have do not exactly see what I say, I have say that I HAVE re-install the OS and latest driver.

And you see, I am not the only one person who experiencing this problem. There are two guy who have the same problem like me.

I think I should buy a new 9560 wifi. And if the new wifi crash again, what would intel explain?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello yxush,

We understand the issue your computer is experiencing. However, since you performed a wireless upgrade/integration, our recommendation is that you check the health of the hardware and integration with your computer vendor.

It is worth mentioning that an Intel® Wireless Adapter installed in a system that is being sold on the market doesn't necessarily mean that same wireless adapter can be used or installed in any other systems. As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. You are required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements.

Support article: Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Our recommendation is that you report this issue to your computer vendor.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos