Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel WIFI 6 AX200 160Mhz Disconnecting during High Internet Activity

Nibhan
Beginner

Hi,

I own the Eluktronic MAG-15 Tongfang Chassis. The Ax200 exhibits packet loss when downloading large files and/or uploading files in general. Furthermore upon enabling Windows Troubleshoot I get the following error "the default gateway is not available"

When I connect to the same network via Ethernet, no such issue rises and there is no packet loss whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Nibhan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs"

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Nibhan
Beginner

The router model name is HG150-Ub

The Motherboard model number LAPQC7Q1B

This is the Intel NUC QC71 Laptop

Brand new unit

The issue has been existing from the start of it's use 

The Wireless card Intel WIFI 6 AX200 came pre-installed 

I am using Windows 10 Pro
The problem happens both at work and home, irrespective of the type of access point it is connected to 

My question is that the issue with AX200 has been quite rampant for a while now, many users have faced the exact same issue that I'm facing. When can this issue be hot-fixed by Intel via a new firmware update.

Furthermore, If I want to replace this WIFI card with another one, how will I know whether it's compatible with my motherboard

Regards,

Nibhan Raheem

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

There are a few things to check and try to see if you can isolate the issue. The first thing I would check is with the laptop manufacturer to see if they have firmware/BIOS updates for the laptops. New laptops usually have some firmware updates to resolve miscellaneous issues that arise after release. I would also do the same thing with your router. I have an Asus router that has been released for well over a year, and they still issue updates.

The next thing to try is dropping the wireless link to AC instead of AX. Doing so will help to show if a reduced link will be more stable. By going to AC instead of AX you will decrease the bandwidth needed between the router and the wireless adapter. If you find that using AC is also unstable then I would suspect either the router or the laptop.

Finally, do you have any other wireless device that make a wireless AC or AX link? You can use that as a comparator, looking for that device to also fail or be stable.

0 Kudos