Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7469 Discussions

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) doesn't show up

Dennis2021
Novice

I just bought this network wifi car (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), connected everything and the component itself does not appear in Windows. As it not installed and not active.

In my motherboard have Intel CNVi Ready, but it's not shows up. what I can do?

Thanks,

Dennis.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Dennis,

We're going to need a lot more information to assist. Is this a laptop or desktop? What operating system are you running? Was there some other network device that was replaced with by the AX200? What motherboard is this, or what model laptop? Do you see any error(s) indicated in Device Manager (if this is Windows)? And lastly, what exact model AX200 are you working with?

Dennis2021
Novice

It is installed on the computer desktop, on the MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK motherboard.

This is first time I install the wifi network card, nothing appears in the device manager (no messages, no error, like this card isn't exist ). This model: Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig +) Desktop Kit (AX200.NGWG.NV)

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Network-AX200-NGWG-NV-AX2002230-Retail/dp/B07ZVYKRW9

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Dennis,

The first thing to note is the adapter being CNVi. I was not able to determine of the model you chose is CNVi or CNVi2. There is a difference.

Have you gone into BIOS to see if BIOS recognizes the AX200 adapter? It might be that you need to change something in BIOS so the motherboard understands there is a network device attached.

Finally, I would check with MSI to see if the adapter you purchased is compatible with your motherboard. Not that I am trying to dissuade you from using this type of adapter, have you considered using one of the AX200 adapters that plugs into a PCIe slot? I've used one of those on an old Asus ROG motherboard, and it works like gangbusters.

Dennis2021
Novice

Hey Doug,

Thanks for help, after check this issue forward with MSI.
that is the answer I got:

"Regarding your concern, Intel AX200 Wifi card isn't CNVi Wifi card. For MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK motherboard, please use Intel 9560 or Intel 9462 Wifi module to use."

As for your suggestion to connect a PCIE adapter with a network chip inside, great idea.

Thank you for help.

Dennis

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Dennis2021

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Dennis2021
Novice

Hey David,

I did understand that Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig +) network card
Not compatible with my motherboard.

So in the end I used a network card that I have Intel 9560.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/99446/intel-wireless-ac-9560.html

Works amazing and no less good, in the future I will definitely upgrade with a Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card with a suitable router.

Thanks for the help!
Dennis.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Dennis2021

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos