Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200

AnyKey
Beginner

I have a laptop with only 1 antenna, will this card work with only 1 antenna?

It would be fine for me even if it will be work on 50% of speed limit as for now I have here only WiFi4 card

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Half of it will.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
AnyKey
Beginner

I just tried to turn off 1 antenna on another laptop, speed dropped from 80 to to 3mb(speedtest dot net), so I decided to ask first.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should ALWAYS check with the laptop manufacturer before embarking on such an upgrade.

Also, there are other requirements:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
AnyKey
Beginner

Manufacturer said that there is only 1 wifi5 card was tested with my laptop and it is not sold in my country. So I have no much options here as to buy and try.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AnyKey,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that if you are planning to install the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) on your laptop and replace the wireless card that came preinstalled in your device, you will need to check with the laptop manufacturer for compatibility and instructions.

If the wireless card is not supported by the BIOS it may not work or have a bad performance, I recommend you to check first with the laptop manufacturer before attempting any integration. Also, if you use only one antenna, the wireless card may work but it will not have a good performance.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos