Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 AX200 cant find adaptor in device manager

VJohn
Novice

Hi,

Ive recently updated my wifi card from a Intel865NGW to a AX200 but i is not detected. Does anyone know what could be the solution to this?

ive tried:

Step 1:

• Check device manager: On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Then select Device Manager. You’ll be prompted for permission. Click Yes to open Device Manager, while in Device Manager, click View and select Show hidden devices.
  • Click Network adapters to select it. Click Action and click Scan for hardware changes. Double-click Network adapters to expand the list. See if your wireless network adapter appears on the list.

Step 2:

Perform a Clean Install of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

We recommend testing first with the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer website*. Unfortunately, we could not locate the specific driver for your computer model but we found this link and it seems you may find the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers there. However, we highly recommend confirming first with your computer manufacturer if those are the correct drivers: http://drivers.razersupport.com/?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=766&pcid=765&nav=0,350,765

In addition, you may try the Clean Install of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers using our latest generic drivers:

Step 3:

Try Windows® tools to fix network problems:

A- Run the network troubleshooter:

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type and then select Identify and repair network problems in the list of search results to run the network troubleshooter. The network troubleshooter will automatically detect the network problems on your PC. You just need to follow the steps in the network troubleshooter and see if this issue can get fixed.

B- Reset Network Settings in Windows 10:

1. Select the Start menu and type Network
  2. In Windows Settings, select Network and Internet.
  3. In the left navigation pane, select Status to make sure you're viewing the network status window
  4. Click the Network Reset link and review the Network Reset information message. 
  5. Select Yes in the network reset confirmation window.

Step 4:

Run Winsock. This tool defines how Windows network software should access network services. Resetting Winsock data may be helpful for some network connection issues:

• Press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type cmd and press Ctrl, Shift and Enter at the same time to run Command Prompt as administrator. You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run Command Prompt.
  • Restart your PC to complete the reset.

I must say when in reinstalled the old wifi card the Wifi didnt return so It might have to do with old drivers

Here are some scan results from the intel driver support assissant

file:///C:/Users/vacha/Downloads/Detailed-System-Report.html

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

VJohn, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides replacing the Intel® Wireless card?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VJohn
Novice

What is the model of the motherboard? MSI Z370 Carbon gaming 

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? No

What is the model of the Router? Connectbox

Is this a new computer? No the computer is about 2 years old

Was it working fine before with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200? Yes

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides replacing the Intel® Wireless card? No

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start? After installing the new Wifi Card

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 version 2004

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? Home

0 Kudos
VJohn
Novice

Ive just changed the wifi cards and didnt change anything else then theIntel AX200 did not show up in device manager 

Ive added the system specs below

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

It is likely that removing the old network adapter left the driver and setup in the OS. Just because something was unplugged or removed does not remove the setup for the OS. Open Device Manager and under View, click the option for Show Hidden Devices. You should see the network adapter(s) listed in the Network adapters section. Uninstall the adapter and uninstall the driver. If the device had a special install package that is visible in Apps and Features, or Programs and Features, then uninstall that as well.

There are times when the network stack needs to be reset. I've experienced wireless connectivity issues that resolved by resetting the stack. You will need a CMD window with administrator privilege. I use the following commands:

NETSH INT TCP RESET

NETSH INT IPV4 RESET

Reboot the PC and the try adding the latest AX200 driver suite. If the AX200 still refuses to appear in devices, then the next step would be to look at BIOS. In BIOS you should be able to see what devices are plugged into the motherboard. You may need to adjust the BIOS so that the device is detected. I've had a GPU that was not properly detected without adjustment in BIOS.

0 Kudos
Ayy_Dit
Beginner

Would you be able to tell me how to do it in the bios? I looked it up on youtube but no results. I have a z390m gaming from gigabyte.

0 Kudos
SeetPeet
Beginner

I recently bought a AX200 card for my desktop. I had just built my pc and was using a USB WIFI adapter until i found out, my motherboard supports m.2 WIFI cards. I decided to buy the Intel Ax200 WIFI card, but when I installed it, it doesn't find any WIFI connections nor any Bluetooth connections. It was working just fine when I had the WIFI USB installed. I switched back to the USB and it is still working fine.

What is the model of the motherboard? B550M Pro4

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Not a laptop

What is the model of the Router? Google fiber

Is this a new computer? Yes. built 2 weeks ago

Was it working fine before with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200? Yes

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides replacing the Intel® Wireless card? No

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer? Separately

When did the issue start? When I installed the card

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? Both

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

SeetPeet,

You didn't mention the exact model and maker of the M.2 wireless adapter. I checked the specifications for your motherboard and it states compatibility with key E type 2230 adapter.

Open Device Manager and look for the adapter. You should see the adapter listed in the Network Adapters area. If so, does it indicate an error or problem with the device? If not listed, is there anything in the Unknown devices category?

Lastly, have you checked the BIOS version of the motherboard to see if there is an update? It could be that after the motherboard was released Asrock discovered an incompatibility and corrected this with a BIOS update.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

VJohn, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, when you install or replace the Intel® Wireless card on a computer that is what is considered "Wireless Integration" and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of aspects that come into play, like for example, board, wireless card, drivers, PCIe adapters, antennas to name a few. So, in this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with MSI or with the place of purchase to confirm the compatibility of the parts, board and Wireless card, and also for them to do a physical inspection of the Wireless card itself and on the board, since there might be hardware problems with either of those components and a replacement will be needed, they will be able to provide their warranty options for this scenario as well.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Ayy_Dit
Beginner

I tried everything that i found but nothing worked. It was not sowing up anywhere. This is my brand new rig too. 

Specs are:

i5 9600k

z390m gaming Gigabyte

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

I checked the specs for that motherboard. It appears there is RJ45 Ethernet but no built-in wireless. Did you use an add-on wireless board plugged into one of the PCIe slots?

0 Kudos
Ayy_Dit
Beginner

When I bought the motherboard the only one available to me at the time but it said I could use the wifi ax200 from intel since it has the m.2 e key. But it turns out it doesn't work. I think I am going to have to buy and m.2 adapter.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

I have an Asrock X570 Creator motherboard with the Wifi-6 on-board. I also have a legacy I7 system that had no wireless. I tried the Asus AX-3000 PCI board and it works like gangbusters in the legacy system. If you have an open slot on the motherboard, I can vouch for this wireless board. But there are only a few Wifi-6 PCI boards to begin with. I would imagine any of them is going to work well.