Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Wifi 9260 malfunctioning, Dell XPS 15 9570

JBast9
Beginner

Changed Wifi card in XPS 15 9570 to Intel 9260.

It worked well for more than 6 months.

Last week started having intermittent malfunction, consisting on alternating normal speed (at home 20 to 50) with very low (0.5).

I have re-installed Wifi Card Driver and no change.

Any advice is welcomed.

Jose

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Likely, what is happening is Windows Update updated the drivers for this card and the newer drivers do not work properly. There has been a raft of similar reports in the past few weeks...😣

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You cannot simply change your wifi card without consulting with Dell.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Likely, what is happening is Windows Update updated the drivers for this card and the newer drivers do not work properly. There has been a raft of similar reports in the past few weeks...😣

...S

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

I have the exact same issue with an Intel 9260 I put into my XPS 9570. The transfer speeds are superior to the one from the Killer 1535 but the range is terrible. It's not even half of that of the Killer. People around me would have 4 bars of wifi signal, when I couldn't even see the network at all. With the 1535 installed, everything works fine. Maybe our cards have a problem.

0 Kudos
JBast9
Beginner

Dear n.scott.pearson,

Spot on! I rolled back to previous version of driver and now it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos