Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Intel Wifi 9462 (Code 10) not Functional

PMatt3
Beginner

I have tried multiple steps to resolve this with no luck. I have uninstalled PROSet and the device multiple times and reinstalled different versions, including the one listed on MSI support for this motherboard with no luck.

Just the wifi that is not working on a new build.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated

I have followed the following steps from another thread where someone had the same issue and i have attached the file below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Thanks in Advnace

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Note the following:

1. Uninstall, reboot and then install the latest versions -- with internet access completely disabled! Unplug your Ethernet cable and disable wireless for the duration.
  2. Uninstall both the Wireless and Bluetooth driver packages.
  3. Install the Bluetooth driver package before the Wireless package.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
PMatt3
Beginner

Hi Scott

Thanks for the speedy response, i will try this method tonight when i get home and update this thread with my findings. Hopefully this will work

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
PMatt3
Beginner

HI Scott

So i tried your method, no luck

I downloaded the latest install packs for the Bluetooth and the latest PROSet, both are version 20.110.0.3

After download i uninstalled both the Bluetooth and Proset and restarted my PC with the network disabled and no network cable plugged in.

I installed the Bluetooth Package first as you per your response followed by the PROSet.

Bluetooth is still functional, Sadly the WIFI is still not functional.

Unfortunately this solution did not work in this case.

Do you happen to know if i could do anything else to try and remedy this issue?

Regards

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It's not optimal, but you could try going back to an earlier version (say, 20.60.0) and see if that works. If it doesn't, then you may have gotten a bad card and will need to have it replaced.

...S

0 Kudos