Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wifi card ac9260 lock in 173mbps

Kenda
Beginner

Hi,

I have HP x360 13-ac0XX using wireless intel AC8265 and cannot connect to 5ghz wifi with 80mhz bandwith. I have upgrade to AC9260 and still encounter same problem.

I have uninstall and reinstall the driver but still same.

Im using latest drive 22.160.

Thank you for anyone can help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Kenda

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Just to make sure, is this issue only that it cannot connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi with 80MHz channel widths? Does it mean it can connect to the different channels (e.g.: 40MHz, 20MHz, etc) on the 5GHz band without issues? Also, does it connect to the 2.4GHz band without problems?

2- Have you rebooted your access point, router, or modem? Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Please provide details

3- Router / Access point model:

4- When did the behavior start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details

5- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

6- Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kenda
Beginner

Hi serr,

Just to answer what you have asked,

1. To connect with 20 and 40 mhz it can connect, but it locked to 173mbps speed or lower. 

2. Done so many times, and try 3 different access point and same results.

3. Tenda AC 23, Tplink EC230-G1, UAP-AC-PRO Ubnt Unifi Access Point AC Dual Band

4. Didnt work at all, thats why i upgrade to Intel AC 9260, but same results.

5. nope serr.

6. All enviroment.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenda

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would like to recommend the following steps:

1- We understand that you have tried different routers. Just to make sure we cover all the possibilities, have you checked if they have an option to set the channel to 80MHz? If so, could you please try that and also review and apply the recommended settings for 802.11ac connectivity for the Intel® Wireless adapter?

2- Please review if there are any pending updates for the Operating System (OS), refer to Update Windows*.

3- Check the maximum number of devices allowed to connect to the router to discard issues due to network saturation. You may also test using only the laptop and the router to see if the behavior is different. (e.g.: no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).

4- Check the distance from the router since the 5GHz band can experience problems due to long distances, and/or move away from devices that can cause wireless interferences such as microwave oven, cordless phones, etc.

In addition to the previous steps, we would like to recommend also a clean installation of drivers for both components Bluetooth and Wireless using the latest customized drivers provided by the computer manufacturer.

Please refer to the HP* website or contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to download the recommended drivers and follow the steps in these articles for installation instructions:

• How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers
  • Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers                      
  • Note: During the process, after uninstalling the current drivers and before reinstalling the drivers, you may clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK. Reboot your computer and proceed to install the drivers.
  • We recommend installing the Bluetooth driver first, followed by the wireless driver.

If driver updates are not available from your OEM or if the issue persists, please repeat the clean installation using the generic drivers from Intel:

If the behavior persists, this could be due to an incompatibility issue due to the wireless integration¹ or a problem with the computer since you mentioned the issue started to occur with the original wireless adapter. Therefore, our recommendation would be to review further with your OEM HP* regarding the behavior, the wireless integration and compatibility.

Notes:

1- Please be aware that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. When an end-user installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information, please review the following links:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Kenda
Beginner

Hello mr. AndrewG,

I have following your suggestion step by step:

1. Yes i have 80mhz option in my router setting, if i set to 80mhz my laptop can connected, but it doesnt provide any internet connection but in my phone connected and no problem at all (866mbps connection), if i set to 40mhz, it lock to 173mbps connection speed, while my phone is 400mbps speed connection. I have set to intel wireless setting suggestion too.

2. There is no pending updates.

3. Its tested by laptop only, and i have reset my router too. Its same result.

4. I just sit in front of the router. about 1meter distance only.

I have uninstall and clear up temporary files like you suggest too. Install new driver from the link you gave too. And the result still in the same way.

Indonesia regulation https://sdppi.kominfo.go.id/downloads/42/20200418142416-perdirjen_2019-02_WLAN.pdf

It is no problem with my country regulation.

Any solution serr?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenda

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenda

After checking this further, based on all the troubleshooting you have tried and considering the issue has been happening with the original wireless card and with the one that you integrated, at this point, our recommendation is to contact your OEM HP* to report this behavior so they can assist you with further debugging and assistance on this matter.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos