Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
PWard2
Beginner

I'm having the same problem with my NUC.

Latest everything, but attached Bluetooth devices drop out after a random, short time.

0 Kudos
leon_s_Intel
Employee

I've seen the same problem on the Sony, Lenovo, Asus and HP ultrabooks so far. I bought two Intel AC7260 adapters to install on two Ultrabooks Sony and Dell. Both Running on Haswell family processors. My thought was since AC7260 board has been design to run with Haswell chip it should work. And I have to admit WiFi is running really good after some antenna mods. Bluetooth is the different story. It works once in a while. When I installed the bluetooth driver it did work really well untill I shut the laptop off. After powering back no BT. IT does not even sees the BT in A device manager. I got the latest BIOS. Same story. If I try to start the bluetooth service it gives me some error code 43. After spending a few hours plaing with the drivers I found the servise would not start due to another servise already started. Did a clen sweep and deinstall Broadcom software ( my original adapter) and Intel driver. Now installed Intel driver back and it works only until I kill the power, if it goes sleep it stil works. Obviously there is some kind of software conflict therefore driver would not start after reboot. Strange thing though I thought Intel would fix this issue it's becoming a serious showdown - look up th net, I gues they should involve some competent people if they have any. Meantime I am seriously thinking about new Broadcom adapter , at leas it does not have ane bluetooth issues though it's got 2X price.

0 Kudos
DTek
Beginner

I am having a similar issue and wanted to add my experience to the mix.

While I am not using a NUC, I have this card installed on a similar Asus motherboard with the same Intel chipsets. In addition, I am running Linux Mint 16.

When I started out my build / OS install, I just installed the card, no antennas. No issues, outside the fact that my wireless range is very limited.

However, the first time I plugged in the antennas, it's like the bluetooth gets completely disabled. The OS recognizes the WiFi portion of the card, and it works without problem, but it's as if the Bluetooth hardware was uninstalled.

Long story short, after much messing around, I'm running the card with only Antenna 1 connected and so far the Bluetooth adaptor has stayed alive and working, mostly. My Bluetooth range seems very limited now, leading me to believe the Bluetooth works off Antenna 2.

For a couple of days now at least, I have not had an issue with the Bluetooth disappearing and the WiFi works as expected with only 1 antenna, although my box is close to my AP.

It would be nice if Intel could provide us with details on the functions of the two antennas.

Anyway, I would be very interested to know if unplugging your Antenna 2 results in the same behavior under Windows.

0 Kudos
DTek
Beginner

FYI: It seems there are two versions of this card with the same identifier..? I have the AC version, as opposed to the N-only version.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may try an older version of Intel® Proset Software for Bluetooth* in the meantime:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth� technology

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

There is no ETA at this moment but engineering is working on a fix for this. I will update the thread when the new release is available.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
JLehr1
Beginner

I just purchased a D54250WYK and AC 7260. Installed Windows 7 64 bit without any issues, ran all the updates, but I also cannot get bluetooth to work. The icon is in the tray, and when I go to "add a device" it will see my wireless mouse for example, and let me add it, but the mouse never works. I've updated the BIOS, tried generic drivers, the latest Intel driver, I've tried re-seating the drive and card, uninstalling the bluetooth drivers, and yet nothing works at all. Any ideas? This means that my NUC is currently useless to me as I was hoping to use it as a HTPC. It seems odd for a mainstream product to have such a glaring issue.

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

HI Joe,

Still no news about a possible solution?

The device is useless for me and want to return it to the shop where I bought it.

it really concerns me that a company like Intel is strungling so long to find a solution...

best regards,

PIet

0 Kudos
Fde_B
Beginner

I seem to have the same problem with an N 7260 ,on a laptop under Ubuntu 12.04.4. All firmware are well installed. It has been working for the 1st week after receving the laptop, but suddenly after a reboot the adapter has disappear. Then after a day of searching a way to fix that, it has finally re-appeared after a reboot (without putting any fix). I was so surprised I just tried another reboot before starting any program and it disappeared once again...

0 Kudos
DTek
Beginner

To those of you using Linux. My issues of the adaptor hardware disappearing and the bluetooth connectivity failing were resolved by updating to the 3.13.6-031306-generic kernel.

0 Kudos
GGreg5
Beginner

Given Intel's unwillingness to fix this issue will customers who purchased NUCs with Bluetooth not working be given any goodwill gestures to compensate for these ongoing issues? The product is both not fit for purpose and also misselling. I think it's time to get the tech bloggers involved to put pressure on Intel to fix this.

0 Kudos
JLehr1
Beginner

I have to admit that I am a bit confused by this. Are you saying that no one with an Intel NUC can use it with bluetooth? Is there any kind of workaround? This seems like a bit of a disaster to me!

0 Kudos
LMoss
Novice

Its not just the NUC. I have a Toshiba laptop with a 7260AC that has the same problem. From what I read, the whole 7260 line is flawed. I hope Intel offers us a replacement soon.

This will cost them a lot. Both in damage to their reputation and it brings into doubt their ability to compete with ARM/Qualcomm et al if they can't design a modern wireless card.

0 Kudos
JLehr1
Beginner

I've tried using a bluetooth USB dongle but no luck with that either. Is there any way, using any type of hardware that I can get bluetooth to work on the NUC? Or is it a problem with the NUC's bluetooth driver?

0 Kudos
JLehr1
Beginner

I purchased an Intel 6235 WiFi/BT card and now everything is working fine on my NUC. 7260 is being returned!

0 Kudos
AG9
Beginner

Unfortunately, the new driver didn't help in my case. After recent Windows 8.1 windows update, Bluetooth stopped working with the well known 43 error code. I've tried to install also previous versions of the driver but without a success.

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

Hi,

Mine is working fine, but only after updating the firmware of my NUC to 0025 (published in March 2014).

It seemed after all no driver issue, but motherboard firmware issue.

Best regards,

Piet

0 Kudos
GZaka
Beginner

After installing the new version of the driver, I encountered the same issue described by Arcioch. The bluetooth device is just shown as Unknown USB Device in device manager, and the report says error 43 in the Properties window. Now I'm unable to use any bluetooth devices, and the bluetooth icon isn't even showing on the taskbar.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7537.

Please look into this issue, I can provide more detailed information/logs if necessary.

0 Kudos
CJoha
Beginner

Same here. Code 43.

Can't get the Bluetooth working on a Intel NUC computer. Wireless works fine but it's very annoying not to be able to use bluetooth mouse and keyboard on a rather new product.

Please fix this issue.

0 Kudos
ASanj3
Beginner

Another one here with error code 43.

Why was the last driver released if it didn't fixed anything? I don't understand....

0 Kudos