Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
KAbra4
Beginner

The driver linked by John S seems to work:

Follow the link for Windows* 8.1 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23999 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23999

I've rebooted multiple times and the Bluetooth hangs on!

0 Kudos
DRadk
Beginner

I just tried the last driver - but again with no luck.

Then i disabled Intel Virtualisation technology in the BIOS and BINGO - the BT start working like a charm....

I'll try a few more scenarios and then will try to enable Virt Tech again.

0 Kudos
Ddaan
Beginner

Unfortunately, the tip of DRADKOV didn't worked for me,

Waiting for a new driver.

Perhaps Intel gets this year managed to create a driver which works!
0 Kudos
DRadk
Beginner

Update - on the next day, even with IVT disabled - BT stop working again ;(

0 Kudos
SA9
Beginner

Purchased a brand new Intel NUC core i3 with an Intel AC wifi PCI card 7260 with bluetooth as recommanded in the list of supported peripherals for NUC...

Brand new installation of the latest Windows 8.1 Update 1 version, up to date KB... and of course all latest Intel drivers deployed.

Everything works perfectly except the bluetooth features that seems to be ABSENT of my system !

The strange thing is that at the first launch with default drivers, Windows has detected the bluetooth PCI card and allowed me to connect my mouse and keyboard.

I tried everything during hours from now without success ... i'm desperate!

Is the current topic on that forum is all about my experience ?

Do I have to wait out for a good Intel driver to use my bluetooth devices ?!

0 Kudos
KAbra4
Beginner

For what its worth:

I have a NUC 5450 .... I had the same issue with Bluetooth and since the last Bluetooth driver update the system has worked reliably. I don't think the update had anything to do with it. Here is my theory ... I'd like to see someone replicate it - just before I installed the newer Bluetooth, I turned on the Platform Trust Module which as a side effect disabled the Rapid Start technology (in the Bios). I think the disablement of Rapid Start is what made the Bluetooth work. See if this fixes the problem for any of you guys.

0 Kudos
SA9
Beginner

Thanks for the tip kabram but did'nt work for me ... BUT after hours of drivers installation/uninstallation tests and other useless things ... one worked!

I removed the Intel 7260 Wifi/Bluetooth PCI card then boot the system. Then I reinstalled the card into my NUC then boot the system. The bluetooth capability comes up! The tricky thing is that the wifi capability has now disappeared ! So this is clearly a drivers issue which is not capable to handle both wifi and bluetooth at the same time.

Again, my NUC is up-to-date, and Windows 8.1 update 1 is up-to-date too with all the lastest Intel drivers.

So MR INTEL, I bought this INTEL NUC with this RECOMMENDED INTEL Wifi/bluetooth card ...What do you suggest now ?
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

SebastienA, what is your Intel® NUC model?

Do you see the Intel® wireless adapter being identified in the BIOS (Advanced, Devices, PCI)? It should display a hardware ID starting with 8086.

0 Kudos
agoen2
Beginner

I'm having similar issues. Although, in my case I'm not being able to use neither bluetooth nor wifi. I installed the hardware. Then, in device manager, I had a new bluetooth device, and a new 'network controller'. Both devices were missing drivers. So, I installed the drivers from Intel's website and rebooted. The "Network controller" was still there, but the bluetooth was gone, and I had an "Unknown USB Device". By the way, the network controller does show this info - VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086&REV_73\4&e3be6f3&0&00E2. The bluetooth device was showing some info before, but after installing the driver, its just showing up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". Uninstalling the driver did not help.

I'm using Windows 8.1 32-bit.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

@akg, at this moment only the 64-bit version of Windows* 8.1 is supported for this series of Intel® wireless adapters; this may change in the future but for now I suggest, if possible, to use such operating system.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

0 Kudos
agoen2
Beginner

Wow, nice suggestion! Thanks, that would be super easy.

By the way, for others, I did get the wireless to working using the drivers here - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=DS036007 Intel Wireless LAN (11abgn, 11bgn, 11ac) for Windows 8.1 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

(I'm not using a ThinkPad)

0 Kudos
SA9
Beginner
My NUC is a Core i3 kit : D34010WYK and I can't see the device into the BIOS.

Last information, yes the bluetooth connectivity works but seems to be extremely slow. Keyboard hit takes 1 second to be handled by Windows and my bluetooth mouse is just unuseable. Yes antenna cables are plugged.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

SebastienA, if the adapter is not detected in BIOS there is the possibility it is not properly integrated. I recommend you verifying this and testing the Bluetooth* devices within a short distance and direct line of sight.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

I have installed the 7260AC card in my Toshiba laptop P875, wfi it's working great, but BT is not existent.

Doesn't show up in the Control Panel at all.

Previously, the 6235 it worked great.

I have to use another USB adapter to have BT.

0 Kudos
GGreg5
Beginner

tibimakai have you read the thread and followed the following advice so far?

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

I have an even newer Bluetooth driver installed.

I have removed even the battery from the laptop.

I have Windows 8.1/64 bit with all the windows updates.

In Programs and Features, I have two Intel Bluetooth software installed, one of them is the Intel Proset/ Wireless for Bluetooth(17.0.1405.0464) and the other is, Intel Wireless Bluetooth(17.0.1428.01).

In Control Panel, I don't have the Bluetooth option. Only if I plug in a USB adapter.

0 Kudos
GGreg5
Beginner

Have you seen the other thread?

What worked for me was to uninstall the driver, reboot the machine then reinstall the driver but change the install directory from "C:\Program Files (x86)" to "C:\Program Files\Intel", then rebooted after the install and Bluetooth started working instantly. It doesn't seem to have worked for other people but then again none of the other suggestions worked for me apart from this so it's worth a try.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

I can't seem to do that. Even if I select the right directory, it still installs it in the x86 folder.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Try disabling the BT adapter under device manager and enabling again.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

It never shows up in the Device manager. It's like none existent. 6235 previously worked great.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

Wi-Fi card was purchased from Amazon, if that matters.

0 Kudos