Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 9260: Bluetooth not working anymore

bouh
Beginner

Hello, 

I recently changed most of my computer but I retrieved some disk, RAM and the Intel Wireless AC 9260 from my previous configuration. 

On my new configuration I installed windows 11 and for a few days everything was working fine but since yesterday night the bluetooth stopped working with the following error message:

BTHUSB 17    The local Bluetooth card has failed in some way and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

Meanwhile the Wifi is still working perfectly.

I have tried to install the new drivers, to fully uninstall them and start fresh and a few other thing but without success. This morning I tried to unplug and plug again the 9260 card and it worked for a few hours and then I got the same message.

I did not notice any windows update or singular events around the same time.

Any idees ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @bouh

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

Just to confirm, Is the Intel Wireless AC 9260 the pre-installed (original) wireless card in your current motherboard or is it an integration you made to the motherboard? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @bouh

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @bouh  

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos