Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9462 cannot connect to wifi 6 router (Netgear RAX80). Keeps Saying "Connected, No Internet"

AHaak1
Beginner

I recently upgraded my home wifi router to a Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 (wifi 6) but have not been able to connect wirelessly to it with my PC. I had to resort to plugging in my 4 year old wifi router to get my PC online.

I just installed Intel PROSet/Wireless Software 21.90.3 (21.90.3.2) hoping it would address my problem since there was a reference specifically to the Intel Wireless-AC 9560 having the exact same problem with a connection to Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 but it did not.

The network icon in the tray keeps saying "Connected, No Internet".

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information 

• Did Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 adapter come pre-installed in your computer?
  • Do other computers have the same issue, or is it just this computer? For example, do all computers on the same network have the same issue?
  • Are the Wi-Fi AP (i.e. wireless router) and your client (computer) using the same Wi-Fi standard and configuration? (e.g. 802.11ac)
  • Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report directly to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU takes you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on "Summary" to change to a "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AHaak1
Beginner

Wanner G_Intel, my responses to your inquiries:

• Yes the Intel Wireless-AC 9462 adapter came pre-installed on my PC.
  • I have 3 other computers in my house as well as an iPhone and Ipad and do not have wifi connectivity problems.
  • My computer only supports 802.11ac while my router supports 802.11ax by default. I have turned off the ax (wifi 6) setting on the router but that did not help correct the problem with my pc connectivity.

I cannot attach a copy of the report because it is generated in .html format, I zipped it instead.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

Thank you for your response.

According to the report, the model number of your motherboard is ASRock B360M IB-R1?

It seems that the Intel® Wireless Adapter did not come preinstalled in the motherboard. Also, there is no Wireless LAN driver available for your computer.

Could you please provide us with more information about this component? This is important when troubleshooting connectivity issues.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AHaak1
Beginner

WannerG_Intel (Intel),

I bought my computer as a preconfigured system from BestBuy in September 2019. The Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 card is clearly attached to the slot on the Asrock motherboard you referenced. I have not changed any of the hardware. How can there be no Wireless LAN adapter for my computer? I have the Intel® Wireless-AC 9462.

My feeling is there is a bug in the drivers for the Intel® Wireless-AC 9462. In the release notes for driver version 21.90.3 it clearly lists a similar problem that was addressed for the Intel Wireless-AC 9560 card, I need the same fix for my version of the card.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

We were not able to find a customized driver. Customized drivers are usually provided by motherboard manufacturers when they pre-install the adapter.

In this scenario, our recommendation is that you perform a clean installation of both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi generic drivers. It is recommended to uninstall both the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers to make sure there is not a driver conflict.

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 Version: 21.90.2

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version: 21.90.3

Also, try using the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AHaak1
Beginner

WannerG_Intel (Intel),

I followed the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers instructions (for both Intel Wireless-AC 9462 and Bluetooth Device). Next I ran the installs for Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 Version: 21.90.2

and Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version: 21.90.3. I then checked all the settings as compared to Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity (they were all set properly). I also rebooted.

When I switch my wifi connection to my Netgear RAX80 router it does show a good wifi signal in the taskbar, however I cannot connect to any website or access the internet. The "Connected, No Internet", isn't displayed, but there is still no connectivity at all.

Switching my wifi connection back to my old Netgear R6250 router I have full internet connectivity.

0 Kudos
AHaak1
Beginner

WannerG_Intel (Intel),

Here is an updated Intel® Driver & Support Assistant report.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

We are still looking into this issue.

• Are other devices supporting 802.11ac standard exhibiting this behavior?
  • Please try using a other wireless advanced settings like a, n, g for testing purposes.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AHaak1
Beginner

WannerG_Intel,

I have a work laptop (Dell with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265) that connects perfectly fine to the Netgear RAX80 router. I also have an iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro (2018 model) that connect to the Netgear RAX80 router with no problem. All of these devices I am using the 5G band (AC protocall).

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

If possible, please try using other wireless advanced settings like a, g, n for testing purposes and let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AHaak1,

Given the fact the your computer has no connectivity issues when using your Netgear R6250, this issue seems to be related to router optimization. Our recommendation is that you contact your computer vendor or Wi-Fi AP vendor to obtain more details about their system optimization.

It is important to know that we have not experienced this issue in-house.

We will close this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new one. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos