Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 9462 disconnection problem

yutingau
Beginner

I've had this computer for over a week now and I've had constant disconnecting problems where it would disconnect me from the internet within every hour. Right now I'm using the ethernet cable in order to connect to the internet which is fine. My laptop is a dell vostro 5590 which I saw another post say they had and they had the same problem as well. The intel Wireless ac 9462 network adapter has been in my computer since I got it.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello yutingau

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

Did the issue started since the first day you have the laptop or did it work fine before at any time?

2- If it worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

3- Have you tried a different router or Access point (AP) for testing purposes? Or have you tried to reboot your router/AP?

4- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

5- Is there any error message? Or is there an error code in Device Manager?

6- Router/Access point brand, model, and firmware version:

7- When the WiFi disconnects, does it reconnect automatically or not? How long does it take to reconnect?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Norbert
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I have similar issues with my AC 9462. Please find attached the required files.

There is a text file with the results from the Intel SSU utility and additionally there is a poor performance during downloads. One JPG shows the download via Intel AC 9462 and the other JPG shows a download via Qualcom WLAN adapter. The AC 9462 has nearly half the speed of the Qualcom over the same network.

If you have further questions please answer in the forum or email me at norbert.juergens@gmx.de.

Many thanks

Norbert

0 Kudos
Norbert
Beginner

Hi,

There is an update on the WLAN subject. The AC 9462 establish a WLAN connection with 72 Mbit/s. while other devices can establish a 144 Mbit/s connection. Is it possible to excellerate the speed?

Regards 

Norbert

ruznon
Beginner

Same here. With "Microsoft" drivers speed is near 200Mbps, with last Intel drivers maximum speed is about 40 Mbps. How could I fix it?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello yutingau

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If you have additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello yutingau

We have not heard back from you and since we have not received the information previously requested we will proceed to close this thread now. If the issue persisted, we recommend checking this further with the computer manufacturer for additional debugging from their side, and also with the place of purchase to review (if applicable) warranty options since we understand this is a new laptop.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos