Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7898 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz can not detect 5G after Intel Graphics Driver installation

Aidos
Beginner

Hello,

I got an issue with my Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz, it suddenly stopped to connect to 5G network. 

I tried these actions to make it work: 

- Re-install Windows 10 from scratch

- Right after Windows installation, 5G works fine (300 Mb speedtest). I could see Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz in the device manager (network adapters list)

- Then I tried to install all the drivers suggested by manufacturer (MSI GF63-THIN-8SC)

- After installation of Intel Graphics Driver, which is needed for the HDMI monitor connection, my wifi stops working (connected to the network, but no internet)

- If I change 5G channel width (advanced adapter settings) to 20 MHz Only, internet comes back, but the speed is dropped to 70 Mb maximum. 

- I have tried to uninstall Display Adapter driver and the speed comes back to normal. 

Can you please suggest the solution to my issue? 

I need my second screen but I do not want to have slow internet speed. 

This issue appeared 3-4 days ago. Before that everything was fine. 

Also, I have tried to uninstall Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz driver in the device manager (with choosing "Delete driver software for the device"), but it keeps appearing and reinstalling itself somehow. After laptop restart I can see the driver in the device manager anyway. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aidos
Beginner

Hello again,

I got an update on this issue, my connection gets unstable or loss when I connect my Acer monitor using HDMI. 

I literally unplug HDMI and connection gets back with full speed. I plug the cable, laptop identifies a monitor, extend the screen and connection gets corrupted. 

I have deselected "Allow the computer to turn off this device  to save power" option on my Wifi adapter. However the issue still persists. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, either the motherboard, this monitor, or its cable is acting as an antenna and interfering with the Wireless card. Just saying, usually when we see this, it affects the 2.4GHz and Bluetooth connections more than that for 5GHz. Now, if this monitor is turned off but still connected to the system and the problem occurs, you know it's the Motherboard or cable causing the interference. Otherwise, it may be the monitor - but the only way to test this is to use a different monitor.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Aidos
Beginner

Hello, 

I have tried to connect my laptop to the TV using the same HDMI cable. The connection stays stable, so I am assuming the issue is with monitor. 

However, interestingly I have a working laptop which I connect to the same monitor with the same cable and 5G works perfectly fine. 

Can it be that something wrong with my WIFI adapter (do not know if it is separate from motherboard) ? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It could indeed be the WiFi component. On some machines, this component is soldered directly to the motherboard, but on most it is a removable card. If this is the case, you would need to look specifically for the 9560NGW card; there are no upgrade paths for this card at all due to its custom CNVi connection to the chipset (called the CNVio bus). Also some cases, you can upgrade using the connector for a non-CNVi card such as one of the Wireless-AX cards, the AX200 (WiFi 6), AX210 (WiFi 6e) or the new BE200 (WiFi 7). I have seen a few cases where the non-CNVi cards cannot be used (Dell laptops, if I remember correctly), but the only way to know is to try it.

So, summarizing, you can purchase a 9560NGW card for direct replacement, or you can try purchasing an AX200NGW or AX210NGW card for an upgrade. I say go for the latter but the downside is (a) Intel doesn't like supporting upgrades and (b) as I said, there is a (albeit very small) possibility that the card won't work in your laptop.

As well, there is also the possibility that, regardless of which you chose, the problem is elsewhere. In this case, you are out the ~US$20  you spent purchasing the replacement card.

Clear as mud?

...S

0 Kudos
Aidos
Beginner

Hello, 

Alright, I will try connecting my laptop to a different monitor for another test. Hopefully, I do not need a new wifi adapter at all. 

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos