Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 9560 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

JWint15
Beginner

I keep getting the error "intel wireless ac 9560 "160mhz" adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems." I've tried a Windows reinstall, installing the drivers again, installing the Wireless Proset software again. It sometimes worked intermittently after driver re-installations and then stopped again, however now it just wont work at all.

I do also get this issue in event viewer:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DF0&SUBSYS_00348086&REV_30\3&11583659&0&A3 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: netwtw06.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: Netwtw06

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: vwifibus

Problem: 0xA

Problem Status: 0xC0000001

I really don't know what else to do here, any ideas?

Device Info:

Asus Q536FD Laptop

Windows 1903

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

• When did this issue start?
  • Has anything changed on the computer since that time? For example, has the access point or environment changed?
  • Did the Intel® Wireless adapter come pre-installed in your computer?
  • Are the Wi-Fi AP (i.e. wireless router) and your client (computer) using the same Wi-Fi standard and configuration?
  • Do other computers have the same issue, or is it just this computer? For example, do all computers on the same network have the same issue?

• Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report directly to this thread.
  1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU takes you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on "Summary" to change to a "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JWint15
Beginner
  • The issue started about 3 months ago
  • Nothing has changed
  • The adapter did come pre-installed
  • Yes
  • No other device or computer has this issue

Scan

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

Thank you for your response.

According to the report, you are running the latest generic Windows* 10 Wi-Fi Driver for Intel® Wireless Adapters. This issue might have started after installing generic drivers available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. Although these drivers usually include fixes to some issues reported on this Intel® Community, we recommend that you install the latest Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers provided by your computer vendor. These drivers are usually customized to ensure system functionality.

We suggest that you perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers. It is recommended to clean install both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers. 

Support article: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Q536FD drivers

Wireless Version V20.60.0.1530.05

BlueTooth Version V20.60.0.4

We noticed that your OS is not up to date. We recommend that you try to update the OS before installing newer drivers.

If the issue persists, please perform the clean install of the latest generic Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

• Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 Version: 21.90.2
  • Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version: 21.90.3

Also, please check if you are running your system with the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JWint15
Beginner

Unfortunately, none of the mentioned steps helped. I currently have a USB adapter plugged in to be a workaround.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you having Bluetooth issues as well?
  • Are you getting error codes in Device Manager?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JWint15
Beginner

I turned the device back on to check the status in device manager. After unplugging the USB dongle and re-enabling the Intel WiFi, it appears to be working now for whatever reason. I will wait a few days and see if any issues re-occur.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

Thank you for the update.

Feel free to post an update or ask additional questions related to this thread.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

Is Wi-Fi still working?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JWint15,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos