Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 Error Code 10

ayou87
Beginner

I have had this issue for about 2 weeks now on my Asus Zenbook 14 UX433.

I have tried the suggestions in https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560-has-error-code-10-and-there-is-one-more/td-p/670689 to no avail.

I have tried:

• Rolling back the driver (V21.50.0.5)
  • Updating the driver to "for IT" (21.110.0 for BT; 21.110.1 for Wireless)
  • "Restore Defaults" in BIOS (works sometimes, but wireless will error after ~1-2 minutes after startup
  • Reinstalling Windows (worked temporarily for about 3 days

I am out of ideas. Help?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ayou87, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

3. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

4. Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
ayou87
Beginner

Hi @Sebastian_M_Intel,

Thank you for your reply. See my responses below.

1. See attached.
  2. Yes this is the original adapter that came with my device.
  3. The issue happens with both. My Wireless will go Code 10, have a yellow triangle next to it in the device manager, and the Bluetooth section disappears entirely.
  4. Yes my wireless worked fine before and the only thing that could have changed is Windows Update.

In the meantime, I have discovered a few things:

• My wireless tended to work when plugged into my AC Adapter; I plugged in and restarted my computer and was able to get on wireless.
  • When I disconnected my AC Adapter, the wireless failed.
  • I edited my Registry to enable "Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Saving Mode" in my Power Options; the new Windows 10 update hides this feature.
    • I found that "On battery" was set to "Maximum Power Saving", and changed it to "Maximum Performance" to match "Plugged in".
    • This seems to have fixed the problem for the Intel Wireless AC 9560 for now.
  • The only time I have issues is when my laptop hibernates or sleeps... when the laptop wakes, the Wireless won't work until I restart.
  • In the meantime, I've purchased a wireless USB receiver. I would love for this to be resolved.
  • Note: The attached scan is from everything currently working fine as my laptop has not entered sleep or hibernation.
0 Kudos
ayou87
Beginner

Would the following have anything to do with the issues?

Spoiler

Power Management (Low Power):"Not Available"
Power Management (Wake On LAN):"Not Available"
Power Management (Wake on Magic Packet):"Not Available"
Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"
Power Management Supported:"No"
Product Type:"Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)"

---

Power Management (Low Power):"Not Available"
Power Management (Wake On LAN):"Not Available"
Power Management (Wake on Magic Packet):"Active: Yes, EnableWakeOnMagicPacketOnly: No"
Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"
Power Management Supported:"No"
Product Type:"Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz"

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ayou87, 

Thank you for the information provided, please check our recommendations below: 

1. With this current configuration, you can try testing different previous drivers to make sure this is not the problem, please follow these instructions to make a clean installation

Step 1: Download and save the drivers on your computer: 

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. 

• Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver.:

1. Go to Device Manager
    1. Expand the Network Adapters category. 
    2. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
    3. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
    4. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out. 

• Restart your computer. 

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1, try first the driver provided by Asus, and then the one provided by Intel®. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. To Run as administrator right-click over the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator.  

2. Also, try reseating the laptop's battery (if possible). Please check with Asus for guidance on how to do that. 

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
ayou87
Beginner
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. I had already done the clean install as it was suggested in another thread. The Asus drivers don't seem to work as well as the newest drivers. I am able to access wireless more consistently with the newest drivers, especially since the Windows Update.

A quick Google search shows that this seems to be a widespread issue with this Wireless Adapter.
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ayou87, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Please allow us to review this specific behavior internally and kindly wait for our response. We will post on this thread as soon as we have an update for this. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

ayou87, I just received an update on this matter.

The problem seems to be related to the Operating System since the issue started after the update. 

Do you have the option to try a clean installation of the OS? Please back up all the important information you might have in your system if you are going to try this procedure.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ayou87
Beginner

Hi @Alberto_Sykes,

Thanks for the prompt update. Unfortunately, I have backed up and done a fresh install of Windows, which restored my laptop back to it's original version (I believe it went back to a 2018 or 2019 build of Windows), and the Wireless would not connect. I am unsure as to why... I was worried it was a hardware issue until I installed the newest drivers for the Intel Wireless Adapter and updated Windows again, which works better and is my current configuration.

The only times it stops working and I switch to my USB Wireless Adapter is after hibernation and sometimes after the computer goes to sleep.

To get the Intel Wireless Adapter working again, I restart my computer and access the BIOS settings and "Restore Defaults" once or twice. I only learned this from solutions people have come up with online regarding this issue (I think the solution is from 2018 or 2019, but it only started happening to me in June/July). I have no idea why this works or what's going on but simply restarting doesn't do the trick.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ayou87,

Thank you for let us know the outcome and also for trying all the troubleshooting steps.

At this point, our best recommendation is to take the PC to ASUS*. The error code 10 can be related to a hardware failure and your Laptop may be defective, this not seems to be a configuration or driver issue and the best will be to have the advice of your original equipment manufacturer.

I'm going to proceed to close this thread, feel free to create a new one if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ayou87
Beginner

That's an unfortunate and misinformed conclusion. Thank you Maria for not investigating further.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ayou87

Thank you for your reply. 

Please keep in mind we did investigate internally and our results indicate that this is most likely a problem either in the Operating System (OS) or a hardware problem in your laptop. Based on the troubleshooting steps tested, it seems to be a hardware problem. The power management settings rely on the laptop's design and the OS configuration working together, not the wireless card directly. 

This is the reason why we recommend you check with your system manufacturer for further help on a hardware inspection or a warranty replacement if needed.  

We will close this inquiry, remember that if you have any other questions you can submit a new thread since this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos