Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth : After each driver update, mouse and keyboard are unpaired Windows 10

Hekren
Beginner

Hello,

i would to be share a problem i have every time i update my bluetooth driver, i have Windows 10 21h2 and i update the Bluetooth driver when i have the notification with Intel Driver Assistant but after installation, i lost the keyboard and mouse. I every time need to remove it and re add it, it's very frustrating !

Is it normal? Is it a bug?

Thank you!

Julian

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Hekren,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

Are the wireless mouse and keyboard staying disconnected for a long time even after the driver installation is complete or is it just during the installation?

Provide the wireless adapter model. You can find that by going to Device Manager > Network adapters.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner

Hello,

it's Wifi 6 AX201 160 Mhz.

I lost keyboard and mouse during installation and after. If i restart computer, it's the same. I need to remove and re add it.

Keyboard : Logitech Craft

Mouse : Logitech Triathlon M720

Now i avoid to update it because it's boring to do the same every time.... 

I give some times on this forum because it's maybe a unknown bug.. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner

Hello,

here the file. Thank you for the support. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Please try installing the latest Bluetooth driver version 22.100.1.1 provided by Lenovo (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p15v-type-20tq-20tr/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Bluetooth%20and%20Modem) and check if the mouse and keyboard are still getting disconnected. I recommend you to perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth driver for this (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087250/wireless.html)

This will help us determine as well if the issue only happens when you use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner

Hello Steven,

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver and removed it and next restarted the computer.

=> The automatics driver installed by Windows 10 works fine and keyboard,mouse work perfectly. 

I installed the lenovo driver and after restart, all works fine.

I'm at this step.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are currently working on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Please feel free to reply if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Hekren,

Please provide the following information:

As well, since the issue does not happen with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers, it is important for you to know that OEM drivers are customized for your system, and it is recommended to have those installed. Please check for newer driver versions with the OEM.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner

Hello Steven,

sorry for the late !

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information.

We are going to review the information, as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Hekren,

Since you the drivers from Lenovo are working properly, the best is to keep those drivers installed, as they are customized for your system and do not give you any problems.

As well, if other Bluetooth devices are working properly, there could be a compatibility issue with Logitech or the devices may need an update too. For this kind of devices, Logitech usually provides drivers/software, so we recommend contacting them and check if there is any update needed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos