Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth - Intel Tile Device ?

Escape75
Novice

Hello,

I've noticed that lately in device manager if you show hidden devices, there will be a device

named Intel Tile Device under Other Devices that will have a driver installed but yet it will

be shown with a generic question mark indicating an unknown device !?

I don't know if this relates to Windows 11, or just newer Intel Bluetooth drivers ...

My Bluetooth Device is VID_8087&PID_0029

I am assuming this relates to Tile technology for finding your Tiled things,

but it would be nice if the device was actually under System Devices, or Bluetooth.

Please clarify with your driver team and possibly update in the future.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello Escape75, 

We do appreciate your feedback, we will refer this to our developing team for further investigation and to review if we can implement those changes.

If you do not need any support, we will proceed and close this thread. Thanks for your comprehension.

You can see the following link to know more about Intel and Tile*:
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless/tile-video.html

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Escape75, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Can you share pictures of the device manager where we can see the option?

3. Are you having connectivity issues with the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Escape75
Novice

Hello,

Please see the attached files for the "Intel SSU" scan, as well as the "Intel Tile Device" Device Manager screenshot.

Also note, that I don't have any Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity issues, so the issue seems cosmetic ?!

Thanks again,

Martin

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Escape75, 

Thanks for the information provided. I will proceed to review your inquiry internally and if I have any details to share I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Escape75, 

We do appreciate your feedback, we will refer this to our developing team for further investigation and to review if we can implement those changes.

If you do not need any support, we will proceed and close this thread. Thanks for your comprehension.

You can see the following link to know more about Intel and Tile*:
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless/tile-video.html

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos