Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth as a removable device

AntonMakarenko
Beginner

With Windows 11 and Intel Extention 22.80.1.1 for the system my bluetooth started to show as a removable USB device. Bluetooth is embeded into the motherboard (MSI Mortar WiFi) so this kind of attitude is strange for me. Before the update and before downloading Intel Extention 22.80.1.1 everything worked fine.

The model of the wireless module is Intel WiFi 6 AX200. Driver version is 22.80.1.1.

It`s not a big deal. Just a bug (maybe?) that bothers me and stops from using Windows 11 on my machine.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello AntonMakarenko

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Do you get any issues with the Bluetooth or WIFI?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this started happened after the OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Please share a screenshot of Device manager
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner

Hello, David

• Bluetooth and Wi-Fi work fine, I don`t have any problems with them, except that bug with removal that I described
  • It started to happen right after Windows 11 downloaded Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1 in the Update Center
  • It is hard to tell. On the one hand, I have never had similar issue on Wondows 10. On the other hand, it happened after Windows 11 downloaded the extention I mentioned above. Bluetooth device wasn`t shown as removable before the installation of Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1
  • It is desktop
  • It`s a relatively new system. Motherboard is MSI B550 Mortar Wi-Fi with last updates from MSI (latest BIOS) and AMD (latest chipset driver)
  • It`s the original adapter that is embeded into the motherboard. That`s the reason I am bothered so much. Bluetooth is shown as removablee device, but it cn`t be removed since it is the part of the motherboard itself. I have not installed any other adapters into the system
  • I have the latest stable software available for the system. I haven`t changed my hardware configuration
  • I tried to rollback to previous versions of drivers. Didn`t work. I think the problem occurs with Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1, but I don`t have any way to delete it
  • I added scans and some more pictures to illustrate the issue
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided, it seems that the manufacturer provides a new BIOS version with Windows 11 support. Please check with them for BIOS update steps, the information is available on their website:

You can also check if they offer newer customized drivers, their website only list Windows 10* drivers. When you install a new driver, we recommend following the steps from our article:

You can use that method for the roll back or to install new drivers. Finally, please remember that our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread, it will help us get a better understanding of the problem if you can provide attachments in English.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner

I am sorry for the other language on the screenshots. Unfortunately, I can't do anything with that.

I have tried both new bios and updating drivers. It did not work. Looks like new BIOS does not fix the bug. However, it was a beta version (194), so maybe in the future. New drivers also have no impact on the bug. My best guess here is Intel Extention 22.80.1.1, since everything worked fine before its installation. Unfortunately, I have not find a way to uninstall it.

Finally, I was forced to return to Windows 10 because of another bug with virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V don't like each other on Windows 11). I am not sure if I would be able to continue this investigation unless Microsoft fixes this virtualization issue. I am sorry for the trouble I might have caused and thank you for your time. Is it possible in the future to return to this topic?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. We want to confirm if this issue only happens in Windows 11* or if it happens also on Windows 10*, If it only happens on Win11 it's better to report it to Microsoft for future updates.

Once this thread is closed we will not monitor it further but if the problem persists in the future, you can open a new one and refer to this link.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
AntonMakarenko
Beginner
Yes, this bug happens only on Windows 11. Everything is fine on 10. Thank you for the support.
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, we will close the thread for now. If you experience any issues in the future you can create a new thread, please remember to also check with Microsoft since it could be an issue with Windows 11*.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos