Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Cody08
Beginner

Hello, I have installed intel wireless bluetooth 23.10.0 version since I thought this would fix my bluetooth issues (not having a turn on/off switch, not in device manager). However, after the installation there seems to be other issues that added up. It still won't show show the switch and in device manager. Then my bluetooth settings is force closing as well as the windows settings. Also I can't open the windows start menu and I had to open cmd in run because I can't open the cmd itself when I search it in windows search bar and tried to run it as admin. I tried the cmd sfc/scannow hoping to fix this issue but unfortunately it won't.

Can someone help me solve the problem?

Cody08_1-1702558514008.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Cody08

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret you are experiencing issues with the Bluetooth, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      Have you made any software change before the update?

·      Please share screenshots of that switch in Device Manager.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Cody08
Beginner

Hello, Thank you.

·      Was it working before?  

·      Have you made any software change before the update?

·      Please share screenshots of that switch in Device Manager.

• It wasn't 
  • No, I haven't made any software change
  • The bluetooth device won't show in Device Manager even though I checked the show hidden devices
  • Cody08_0-1702723484289.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please follow my instruction to reset your system to the last working configuration:

1. Click Windows key + I to open Windows settings

2. Click on System 

3. Click on Recovery

4. In Advanced startup line click on Restart now. Windows will restart into Advanced Menu

5. Click on Troubleshoot

6. Click on Advanced options

7. Click on System Restore

8. Click on Next and select the required restore point. Your Windows will restore to the working configuration.

Leon

0 Kudos
Cody08
Beginner

Hello, Thankyou 

Is there another way to fix the issue? because I can't open my settings, when I try to open it, it will force close.

Cody08_2-1702861886725.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1.  Press Power Button to switch NUC ON
  2.  Repeatedly depress F8, you will see words: Please wait. Stop depressing F8, NUC will enter Advanced Option Menu.
  3.  Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  4.  Click/tap on Advanced options.
  5.  Click/tap on System Restore (use a restore point recorder on your PC to restore Windows).
  6.  If prompted, click/tap on an administrator and follow the instruction on screen. Select the restore point form the list.
  7.  After few Nexts, click Finish confirmed by Yes - the restore will start.
  8.  Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore. 
  9. When the System Restore has completed successfully, click/tap on Restart.

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos