Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7817 Discussions

Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Drivers for Windows® 10 and Windows 11 Installation failed with error code -53

Awais1999
Novice

Hello hope all is well, So updates usually go fine for me, but when there's errors I'm not good at dealing with them as I'm not knowledge enough to find fixes, so I came here for aid to try and fix it. 

Installation failed with error code -532462766  

Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Drivers for Windows® 10 and Windows 11* this is what im trying to install/update. 
---
---
When I attempt to install this driver.... about 2 secs after a pop up comes up saying something like "one or more error is causing this setup to fail" and then takes me back to the install history page, etc. 

Attached picture show both errors. 

Any idea why this is happening? and how to fix it please? alongside this, if you also  need anything from me like pc info or something else, in order to get to the solution please let me know. 

Thank you for reading,

Awais. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What is the Wireless Adapter that you have in your PC? If you don't know, open Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters section and post a picture of its contents here.

...S

0 Kudos
Awais1999
Novice

Thanks for replying. 

I followed your instructions and I attached picture as multiple stuff popped up. 

I think its the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz 
or 
Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller 

I primarily use Ethernet, but I wanted to make sure this driver updated to, as we need everything updated for safety long-term. 

Thank you, 

Awais.

0 Kudos
RobbieR_Intel

Hello Awais1999,

Thank you for sharing all the details and for attaching the screenshots. I understand how frustrating it can be when driver updates don't go as expected.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Kindly provide answers to the following questions

• To confirm, are you using Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant for the update?
  • Have you tried downloading the driver directly from Intel's website?
  • Are there any third-party antivirus or firewall programs running?

We look forward for your reply!

Best Regards,

Robbie R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RobbieR_Intel

Hello Awais1999,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Robbie R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos