Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Wireless driver 22.180 install error

JPavonM
New Contributor I

I've seen a couple of entries in the communities pointing to errors installing driver 22.180 from Intel, but the threads are closed with no solution.

Now I'm suffering the same issue and this is the first time it happen to me in 2 years (I've updated all Intel driver versions in the past w/o any issue every 2 months on my Lenovo laptop with embedded AX200). I've tried both methods using Intel Driver Support Assistant and manually downloading driver package but same error.

This is the error I see in the log that is generated (Attachng the full log)

Error 0x80070001: Process returned error: 0x1
Error 0x80070001: Failed to execute EXE package.
Error 0x80070001: Failed to configure per-machine EXE package.

!

16/12/2022 08:38:43 : [Error] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{5815d801-d03c-4911-a46b-75a331ad7265}\InstalledInfs.xml'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at PnPInstaller.PnPInstaller.AddInfToInfCacheFile(String inf, String publishedName)
16/12/2022 08:38:43 : [Error] Failed to get add INF to INF cache file, error code: ERROR
16/12/2022 08:38:44 : [Standard] Finish
16/12/2022 08:38:44 : [Error] Failed to run PnPInstaller, error code: ERROR
16/12/2022 08:38:44 : [Error] Failed to run PnPInstaller

Another different laptop which I update every 2 months also, returns the same error, this time an HP laptop with an AX200 I swapped, so not the original part.

I've clean up all the "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\" but the errors still there.

1 Solution
JPavonM
New Contributor I

I've downloaded this WiFi-22.190.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe and they worked fine without errors on any of the laptops suffering from them with 22.180.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JPavonM
New Contributor I

I've downloaded this WiFi-22.190.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe and they worked fine without errors on any of the laptops suffering from them with 22.180.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JPavonM, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, it is great to hear that you were able to solve the install error of the wireless driver by downloading Intel® driver version 22.190.0.4.

Thank you very much as well for taking the time to share the solution, we are sure it will be very helpful and useful for all the peers looking at this thread.

We would like to add as well that it is always recommended to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos