Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Intel can create at least one wi-fi 6 AX device, for m2 cnvio?

Ale_Ale
Novice

Intel can create at least one device?

to connect wi-fi 6 AX, to a laptop that is less than 4 years old, on the m2 cnvio platform?
Otherwise, I will be forced to look for another computer manufacturer that cares about its customers who support devices for more than 4 years.

4 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Ale_Ale,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand that you want to know if Intel can create a new Wi-fi 6 AX device, I will be happy to help you. 

We appreciate your comments and feedback, in this case, to provide you with the information I will start an investigation. I will provide you with the information as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Ale_Ale,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand that you want to know if Intel can create a new Wi-fi 6 AX device, I will be happy to help you.

We appreciate your comments and feedback, in this case, to provide you with the information I will start an investigation. I will provide you with the information as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Ale_Ale,

We have been working on the investigation and we noticed that there is another thread that you open with the same question and the answer was provided on that. In this case, you will need to verify if your system or motherboard is designed to support it with your system or motherboard manufacturer.

Now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That other thread is regarding what is possible currently. This thread is an ask for a new Wireless-AX, WiFi6/WiFi6e part that can be used on older boards with CNVio (and not CNVio2) support. Consequently, this request should be escalated for an answer and this conversation NOT closed and NOT ignored. 

...S

@Ronny_G_Intel - some help here? This guy deserves at least an answer from the mktg team - especially since this question has been asked before and really not answered. The secondary question is why the non-CNVi versions of the cards (i.e., AX200 & AX210) do not work in many of these CNVio-supporting boards/laptops